GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Edmunds is optimistic...

Mr.Quick

Mr. Quick
I went to my dealership a few days ago to speak with the guys I thought would have the most answers. I skipped the salesmen and went to parts and service. These guys supposedly have connections and hear much more. I spoke to two guys at once. One said he didn't think the R20 was coming. The other guy that was there is supposed to be the vw guru and was very, very sure it was coming. He said 4-5 months.
This may be pure speculation, but he was damn convincing :)

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm hoping for an announcement at one of the big G2Gs like waterfest or H2O international. If not, we will see what happens!!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
As for the price difference, for the 10k gap between the R and what I got mine for I can do a lot of things to surpass it. Just saying.

Add AWD into that equation and 70 more HP and a better internally built engine? I don't think so Tim.:lol:

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
Kinda makes sense considering the WRX STI is around that and if you added hp and AWD to a gti they are direct competitors.

If the price was closer to the GTI it would be taking more sales away from it.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
The pricing and delivery estimates are right where I expected them to be.

2004 MkIV R32 ~$33k (+ dealer markups = $35k to $38k)

2008 MkV R32 ~$34k (no real reputation for markups)

2012 MkVI R20 ~$35k (hopefully no dealer markups)

So it is right in line with previous R models.

Addressing what others have said about value...

Would I pay the extra $4k-$5k over my GTI ($31k sticker) to have a warranty-backed, AWD, 70 HP more version of the car?

Are you kidding me? Of course I would! :)

Come on R20! I'm waiting for you.

Mr.Quick

Mr. Quick
The pricing and delivery estimates are right where I expected them to be.

2004 MkIV R32 ~$33k (+ dealer markups = $35k to $38k)

2008 MkV R32 ~$34k (no real reputation for markups)

2012 MkVI R20 ~$35k (hopefully no dealer markups)

So it is right in line with previous R models.

Addressing what others have said about value...

Would I pay the extra $4k-$5k over my GTI ($31k sticker) to have a warranty-backed, AWD, 70 HP more version of the car?

Are you kidding me? Of course I would! :)

Come on R20! I'm waiting for you.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...tcode/bd71dp/page/2/keywords/golf r?logcode=p

UGH!

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
Mr Clean, your figures are a little high for the MK IV R. I was looking at them with a 29.999k sticker, but with 5-10k dealer markup in August of '04. Not trying to be a nit picker....

I predict a 34.5k sticker for 3 door 6 speeds, and going north of that for 4 door and options.

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
That doesn't surprise me or discourage me.

The UK always seem pays more for the same thing we can get here in the states.

Please remember that most EU countries pay %17-20 value added tax on everything. Subtract that amount from the cost of the car and see what you have to say then!