GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR intake doesn't fit correctly?

quickit

Ready to race!
After fighting with it a little more and removing the battery box for more clearance, I want able to adjust everything a little more and improve the angle of the intake tubing. No matter how much adjusting I did, the intake cylinder would still rub on the water hoses below it and on the right side against the little sensor thingy. I had to use some high density foam in those spots to avoid rubbing and the rattling sound that comes with it.
Problem solved but not thrilled with having to use foam to keep it from rubbing.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, maybe I need to check mine? Ever since installing the VWR intake I have crazy vibrations in my pedals.
Anyone else?

CobraKing

Ready to race!
Hmmm, maybe I need to check mine? Ever since installing the VWR intake I have crazy vibrations in my pedals.
Anyone else?

Known issue with the piping resting on top of the brake reservoir. Loosen all the connections, wedge a piece of cardboard or similar spacer between the pipe and brake reservoir then retighten everything and remove the wedge/spacer. You want to ensure that the pipe is not resting on top off the reservoir. Good luck!

P

plac

Known issue with the piping resting on top of the brake reservoir. Loosen all the connections, wedge a piece of cardboard or similar spacer between the pipe and brake reservoir then retighten everything and remove the wedge/spacer. You want to ensure that the pipe is not resting on top off the reservoir. Good luck!

holy chit, welcome back to Carbonio.... can't anyone make a decent product that fits anymore?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
No kidding! I had that problem with the Carbonio stage 2 pipe on my Gti.
Never thought about it on my R though.

Hmmmm. I'll check that!

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
holy chit, welcome back to Carbonio.... can't anyone make a decent product that fits anymore?

A lot of them fit if you know how to install the product properly Mr. fallen.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Yep, re adjusted mine and fits really good.