GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New + Trade in

dcarony

Ready to race!
I'm buying a Blaaaaaack 2014 Wolfsburg 4DR auto and trading in my Blaaaaaack 2010 2DR auto w/ 125k with some mech probs and minor body dents and damage. I've gotten multiple $24,100 offers, one $23,500, can I do better? I'm taking my car to two places tomorrow morning to see what they'll give me. Any ideas what I should expect?

dcarony

Ready to race!
In case anyone is interested - Results for Black 2014 GTI Wolfsburg Auto 4DR:

Kingston VW offer looked like this:
Car - 23,500
Trade - 7,300
Payoff Trade - 2,890
Tax - 8.125%

OTD - 20,580

Hudson Valley VW offer looked like this:
Car - 24,100
Trade - 5,500
Payoff Trade - 2890
Tax - 8.125%

OTD - 22,947

Not even close, and Kingston is only 10 miles farther from me than Hudson Valley. Plus they have 2 of em. I'll keep looking just in case, but should be done by Monday Afternoon. My credit Union Gave me 4.95% interest, so I'll apply for VW financing just in case.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
take the offers and run
Edit: Wait I just reread the thread and did they offer you 24k for your car or for the new car? how much are they giving for your car

dcarony

Ready to race!
take the offers and run
Edit: Wait I just reread the thread and did they offer you 24k for your car or for the new car? how much are they giving for your car

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Trade is what they're offering me in trade for my car. One offered 5550, the other offered 7300. Car is what I'm getting the New car for, 23,500 at one and 24,100 at the other. Yea I'm gonna take the better offer at the dealer located father away and service my car at the closer dealer.

Question: Can I use the carefree maintenance at any dealer? Or just where I bought it?

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Trade is what they're offering me in trade for my car. One offered 5550, the other offered 7300. Car is what I'm getting the New car for, 23,500 at one and 24,100 at the other. Yea I'm gonna take the better offer at the dealer located father away and service my car at the closer dealer.

Question: Can I use the carefree maintenance at any dealer? Or just where I bought it?

You get the maintenance at any dealer. :)

dcarony

Ready to race!
You get the maintenance at any dealer. :)

Awesome. I got approved for financing through the vw site, but the dealer is calling me for my social and employer info. Do they need that again? Also, they initially offered 4.99
, then dropped it to 3.99. Wth?

Also, Epic Tree "Lowering" Bimmer pic iz Epic

Last edited:

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Awesome. I got approved for financing through the vw site, but the dealer is calling me for my social and employer info. Do they need that again? Also, they initially offered 4.99
, then dropped it to 3.99. Wth?

Also, Epic Tree "Lowering" Bimmer pic iz Epic

Haha thank you :) I'm not sure about the social and employment info since that didn't happen to me. I'm assuming they dropped it to 3.99 because your credit is better than expected? I would try and negotiate the interest rate of you can, or maybe get a private loan with lower interest. Also for $24k you can get a really nice used GTI on the forum.

dcarony

Ready to race!
Haha thank you :) I'm not sure about the social and employment info since that didn't happen to me. I'm assuming they dropped it to 3.99 because your credit is better than expected? I would try and negotiate the interest rate of you can, or maybe get a private loan with lower interest. Also for $24k you can get a really nice used GTI on the forum.

I already went in pre approved by my bank, vw is giving me a better rate. I don't think anyone on the forum wants to trade their 24 k car for my beater and some dough

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
In my experience VW offer's aggressive rates on new cars. If you can try to find out as much about your credit as possible. I know VW is offering 0.9% up to 60 months that ends today June 30th. I also know that depending on the state, dealers can hold rate. For example, in AZ dealers can hold 2 points over what their buy rate is. ie a bank says they will do 0.9% on a deal and the dealer can "sell" the deal to you for 2.9%.

As for qualifying for the 0.9% that VW is offering they typically look for a 720-740+ FICO. Granted they take into consideration all the stuff on your credit.

With all that being said, thereo may be some room for rate. $23,500 looks like a pretty solid deal and $7,300 for a 2010 with 125k on the clock. I'd say run with it. But try to beat them up on rate.

dcarony

Ready to race!
In my experience VW offer's aggressive rates on new cars. If you can try to find out as much about your credit as possible. I know VW is offering 0.9% up to 60 months that ends today June 30th. I also know that depending on the state, dealers can hold rate. For example, in AZ dealers can hold 2 points over what their buy rate is. ie a bank says they will do 0.9% on a deal and the dealer can "sell" the deal to you for 2.9%.

As for qualifying for the 0.9% that VW is offering they typically look for a 720-740+ FICO. Granted they take into consideration all the stuff on your credit.

With all that being said, thereo may be some room for rate. $23,500 looks like a pretty solid deal and $7,300 for a 2010 with 125k on the clock. I'd say run with it. But try to beat them up on rate.

Dead on bro, I got the .9% for 60 months and worked mud guards installed all around into the deal. Now I just need some tintage! Does anyone have anything really positive about the maintenance plan, wheel plan or extended warranty? As a rule I turn them down, figure its a scam.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Dead on bro, I got the .9% for 60 months and worked mud guards installed all around into the deal. Now I just need some tintage! Does anyone have anything really positive about the maintenance plan, wheel plan or extended warranty? As a rule I turn them down, figure its a scam.

I would also have the dealer throw in free tint. If you plan on tuning forget the warranty, otherwise you can also negotiate the warranty. Good luck!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

maintenance warranty is already included.

Extended warranties CAN be good if your going to keep the car for a long time, if you are NOT going to mod it, AND if you can get it for a good deal. (you can negotiate the ext warranty cost)
I have the ext warranty on mine, but i got it for a steal so i cant complain, and I'm modded. lol

No wheel plan, you'd probably end up getting new wheels sooner or later. or just don't curb them.

KeepingItStock

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure what the "wheel plan" is, but I wish I had opted for some sort of tire coverage. I blew up three of the POS OEM Pirelli's my first winter with the car before I forked over $900 out of pocket for a set of A/S3's.

Isj

Go Kart Champion

I made the mistake of getting the wheel plan from the dealer, it took too long to get reimbursed and was generally more trouble than it was worth.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!

Glad I could help man. As for the extra's you picked up they can be good. It just depends on what the exact coverage are. When I bought my GTI I nabbed a pretty decent one for cheap. I get wiper blades, brakes, battery, key replacement and an alignment.

As for wheel and tire coverages they can deff be nice. If you live in an area where you'll loose a lot of tires and maybe wheels. I might jump on it. And yes they can be a pain in the ass, all the time.

Being that you're buying a '14 you've got 2 free maintenances. Depending on how much the maintenance plan is and how long you'll keep the car. It might be worth it. I would do my research as to how much each service will be. Keep in mind those DSG services can be pricey.

And as the others have speculated most extended warranties might not be worth it. However it looks like you drive 31-32k/year. Might be nice for the peace of mind, at the right price of course. You're call though man. And you'd be covered by the Magnuson-Moss Act if you mod your car.

Let me know if I can be of any other help man!