GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mikejsmith1985: 2012 GTI Autobahn

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
This little guy is going to let me run my DV Relocation off the unused port on my intake for the PCV system which I replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
So after 3-4 days in a row of the local shop letting me know they'll definitely get to me tomorrow I cut and re-flared my leaky brake line. I bled ~8oz of brake fluid through each bleeder and upon attempting the VCDS bleed procedure twice it never asked me to open the bleeder screws I assume this means no air is detected but seems strange to me...

While bleeding the brakes I installed my DV Relocation.

Upon completion I did a test drive. Engagement point of the brakes appears to be much better but still seems just a bit soft... I'm going to try to get a couple people to drive and see what the consensus is. This is currently the best the pedal has been with the Touareg booster and MC.

I've got some paper towels around each union and I'm monitoring for leaks although everything appears to be in good shape at the moment [emoji106]

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Finally got the brakes sorted out and put some miles on the car today, really enjoyed driving it for a change!

So next week I'll be headed to GA for work and it's looking like that could become permanent... so sad to say but my BT winter project has been derailed. I may do few small things but looks like we'll be focusing on some things around the house in case we find ourselves selling.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
The roads by me aren't all that bad, but I set the suspension to its firmest damping setting and I was surprised to find that the ride wasn't that bad. The 4 setting seemed to be worse. I can say you definitely feel the steering tighten up when the dampers are firmer which I like a lot but its still a bit rigid for daily driving IMO. I'm going to keep it here for my next couple drives though before I back it off again.

I also ordered some parts to make my own "Master Bracket" since my Tyrolsport master bracket isn't compatible with the Touareg booster/MC setup.

Also with all the air out of the system I have to say that I do believe this is a superior braking setup over the TTRS MC, although for the amount of work if you can get a good deal on a TTRS MC its a great option, and honestly if you don't have a rear BBK then the Touareg setup would probably be too much...

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

Big thanks to my wife for doing the stitch work on the steering wheel. If everything goes according to plan, and I'm sure it won't! Steering wheel will be finished tomorrow.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Got under the car and everything is still good and snug, no signs of any leaks or problems anywhere.

Pics of the Pipe, coupler and clamps:

I couldn't get great pics of the install of the F-Top to the turbo but here is the best I could do.

I tried to film it while I installed it one handed but couldn't manage to do so, it did take both hands but again it took less than one minute to complete this.

Last a couple pics of the installed F-Top with my custom pipes (sorry no pics of the OEM hoses)

Can I get a link to that red coupler?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
So a quick update, The car got a revisited tune no real noticeable difference in drivability or performance. The blue PlastiDip while still being in great shape and a color I like will likely be peeled and swapped out for nebula red because my brother has the dip sitting there and isn't going to use it... so why not.

I finished the shim for my brake pedal and I'm extremely happy with how the entire Touareg booster/MC swap turned out at this point!

Still holding off on the BT and Fuel system upgrades at this point, and turning my focus and $ to the new garage, and I'm considering starting a new project I know a guy with an LS1 and I know a guy that wants to get rid of a miata... not sure what I'll do as I change my mind hourly LOL

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Been a long time since I've updated. We had some big concerns about my job moving to ATL so we quit modding. Recently I added ecs subframe locking collars, Passat AL control arms, super pro front bushings that came with the control arms, powerflex ALK, and lastly the 034 density line subframe mount. Then I had a disaster of an alignment with a chain shop. Then took it to a performance alignment shop where it was corner balances and aligned for an aggressive street part time track ride and the car has never driven better!!

The vibes on the mounts are a bit harsh and certainly more than the claimed "minimal" but for the added traction it's livable for me although I do hope they get a little quieter.

I really wanted the VWR mounts but for the price difference I couldn't talk my wife into it lol.