GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 or 3 inch cat-back for F23T

FriggenT1

Banned
I thought you were all about the F23... did it blow up? I hear that the F23's are pretty prone to failing in comparison to the K04 buttttt a k04 will never hit 360/70 whp.

The k04 runs faster times in the 1/4 and that is a true measure of power. With the right tune, you can hit 350 whp...but you need the right supporting mods.i was all about the f23. I'm not a company basher, I just give my advice based on my own experience. I don't dislike Doug, but I dislike all of the additional money the turbo cost me in chasing boost leaks that were non existent.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
The k04 runs faster times in the 1/4 and that is a true measure of power. With the right tune, you can hit 350 whp...but you need the right supporting mods.i was all about the f23. I'm not a company basher, I just give my advice based on my own experience. I don't dislike Doug, but I dislike all of the additional money the turbo cost me in chasing boost leaks that were non existent.

Does the k04 really run faster 1/4 mile times?? Damn, didn't know that. Either way I should be alright with a 2.5 inch exhaust, right?

My original plan was to go the p&p k04 route but thought the f23 would be better because it could make better power but I guess it makes around the same power at the end of the day

K04 p&p with a stratified protune was my original plan and maybe I'll stick to that. Could always go aftermarket intake manifold and direct port meth injection to really complete the build and add the max power

FriggenT1

Banned
Does the k04 really run faster 1/4 mile times?? Damn, didn't know that. Either way I should be alright with a 2.5 inch exhaust, right?

My original plan was to go the p&p k04 route but thought the f23 would be better because it could make better power but I guess it makes around the same power at the end of the day

K04 p&p with a stratified protune was my original plan and maybe I'll stick to that. Could always go aftermarket intake manifold and direct port meth injection to really complete the build and add the max power

The k04 is a workhorse, there's a reason why it's in so many cars from the factory.

Also, the best 93 time is 11.9 @ 115 on 93 p&p k04 giac tuned

Chris659

Ready to race!
K04 p&p with a custom tune was my original plan and maybe I'll stick to that. Could always go aftermarket intake manifold and direct port meth injection to really complete the build and add the max power

This is what I did (ready for but haven't added meth yet) and I will say it will bring a very big smile to your face! I p&p the intake manifold too

It only cost me about $550 extra and 2 weeks of time to get the turbo and manifold p&p and ceramic coated! Including shipping there and back. Throw in a turbo blanket for less than $200 while you're at it for the utmost heat rejection

I took all my advise from Hyde16's posts. If you haven't taken the time to read his write ups, take the time and go through them! There's a wealth of knowledge in there! I used the same company for the machine work as well as for turbo blanket.

Make sure your tuner has worked with the intake manifold you want to use before proceeding! I used HPA for my ecu/tcu software as well as their hardware so no issues

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
This is what I did (ready for but haven't added meth yet) and I will say it will bring a very big smile to your face! I p&p the intake manifold too

It only cost me about $550 extra and 2 weeks of time to get the turbo and manifold p&p and ceramic coated! Including shipping there and back. Throw in a turbo blanket for less than $200 while you're at it for the utmost heat rejection

I took all my advise from Hyde16's posts. If you haven't taken the time to read his write ups, take the time and go through them! There's a wealth of knowledge in there! I used the same company for the machine work as well as for turbo blanket.

Make sure your tuner has worked with the intake manifold you want to use before proceeding! I used HPA for my ecu/tcu software as well as their hardware so no issues

Hmm good point on checking with the tuner to see if they can tune for an intake manifold. I never heard of p&p on an aftermarket intake manifold, thats interesting. The turbo blanket is also interesting although I'm not sure how beneficial it actually is.

I have read most of Hyde's reviews in terms of the K04 and supporting hardware. I think he said he made 375whp said and done; which is very impressive out of a k04.

I think that when it comes time and if I do go with a k04 then i'll have it p&p with ceramic coating (maybe a turbo blanket) and leave it for a while and once I get bored of that power then look into an aftermarket intake manifold + meth. Just not sure if I will use the meth for cooling only or try to do the direct port and run 100 oct tune on 93 pump gas. Probably throw in a LSD before intake manifold and meth as well.

FriggenT1

Banned
Hmm good point on checking with the tuner to see if they can tune for an intake manifold. I never heard of p&p on an aftermarket intake manifold, thats interesting. The turbo blanket is also interesting although I'm not sure how beneficial it actually is.

I have read most of Hyde's reviews in terms of the K04 and supporting hardware. I think he said he made 375whp said and done; which is very impressive out of a k04.

I think that when it comes time and if I do go with a k04 then i'll have it p&p with ceramic coating (maybe a turbo blanket) and leave it for a while and once I get bored of that power then look into an aftermarket intake manifold + meth. Just not sure if I will use the meth for cooling only or try to do the direct port and run 100 oct tune on 93 pump gas. Probably throw in a LSD before intake manifold and meth as well.

I think he meant exhaust manifold...i know UM tunes for intake manifolds, giac, either will do custom work to your file if you request it

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I think he meant exhaust manifold...i know UM tunes for intake manifolds, giac, either will do custom work to your file if you request it

Ohhh that makes sense. Yea, I could check out UM as well since they are located in the same state as me. They could probably do a custom tune for me. Them or stratified.

I also just ordered the beluga catback. I called them and they said that they are sold out but should be getting another order of 70 in on Tuesday but 68 have already been paid for. Think I got in on #69 lol.

FriggenT1

Banned
Ohhh that makes sense. Yea, I could check out UM as well since they are located in the same state as me. They could probably do a custom tune for me. Them or stratified.

I also just ordered the beluga catback. I called them and they said that they are sold out but should be getting another order of 70 in on Tuesday but 68 have already been paid for. Think I got in on #69 lol.

Oh that's cool that you're there close to them. They have a k04 and dsg combo that's 1k...thats what I did. Idk if you're manual or not

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i have the first version of my stratified tune and its really good.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
i have the first version of my stratified tune and its really good.

Awesome! Still going thru the tuning process? Let me know how it goes! I'm checking out their thread almost daily. Seems like a lot of people are having good experiences with them.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Awesome! Still going thru the tuning process? Let me know how it goes! I'm checking out their thread almost daily. Seems like a lot of people are having good experiences with them.
Yeah i should be able to log this weekend and send them over for my revision next week hopefully.

Its a lot better than the standard cobb map... the cobb map was so hesitant under partial throttle like it was bogged and couldnt decide what to do. It would want to build boost like crazy while barely on the throtle and then other times when you gave a little more gas it would bogg down because it didnt know if it should build or not.

As soon as i flashed the Stratified version 1 tune it instantly reminded me of how the stock car drove... smooth but way more powerful. even in partial throttle it just glides down the road.

Chris659

Ready to race!

No I meant I had the HPA intake manifold ported and polished (mainly polished) and ceramic coating that rejects heat. The turbo and exhaust manifold were ported and polished, ceramic coated to keep heat in on hot side and reject heat on cold side. Also had the TOP ceramic coated with a heat rejection coating.

And what I mean by tuning for he manifold is to make sure you do t get a check engine light on due to the flapper delete, and cold start issues.

I see you're in conn so the turbo blanket may not be as effective vs my brutal Florida heat but reducing underhood temps I think would work on any climate. Especially since the intake tube goes behind the head/ right above the turbo. Heat radiating up from the turbo goes right up to the intake.

I waited till I got everything on sale so it was like all the ceramic coatings and machine work were free compared to paying normal price for the hardware

FriggenT1

Banned
No I meant I had the HPA intake manifold ported and polished (mainly polished) and ceramic coating that rejects heat. The turbo and exhaust manifold were ported and polished, ceramic coated to keep heat in on hot side and reject heat on cold side. Also had the TOP ceramic coated with a heat rejection coating.

And what I mean by tuning for he manifold is to make sure you do t get a check engine light on due to the flapper delete, and cold start issues.

I see you're in conn so the turbo blanket may not be as effective vs my brutal Florida heat but reducing underhood temps I think would work on any climate. Especially since the intake tube goes behind the head/ right above the turbo. Heat radiating up from the turbo goes right up to the intake.

I waited till I got everything on sale so it was like all the ceramic coatings and machine work were free compared to paying normal price for the hardware

Oh the aftermarket intake...that makes more sense then obviously. I would've thought they already came all done without casting marks...for 900.00 or so, it doesn't make sense not to.