GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

downpipe question

mike12

Passed Driver's Ed
so you dont use the number 1 sensor if youre using an after market DP...thats what the pic is telling me

allset

Go Kart Champion
so you dont use the number 1 sensor if youre using an after market DP...thats what the pic is telling me

im cbfa and use all sensors

mike12

Passed Driver's Ed
i got ya...i guess if i did he "custom" route id have to have them drill a hole and weld in another bung....i may just save the headache and save up for the UR DP with the 400 cell but even then again thats 500+ and so close to a APR tune

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
APR Stage 1 = $599 (with sale)

Downpipe = $300-550 (Depending on brands and options)

APR Stage 2 = Free

If you get a downpipe, there is no reason not to get the Stage 2 upgrade because APR offers it for free. However some shops will charge for labor...

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I am running a Eurojet TBE, No Cat with a RAI o2 sensor spacer using the middle sized jet. No CEL.

digimattic

Passed Driver's Ed
Ultimate Racing DP with 400 cell CAT: No spacers, No cel's, No tune.

Mine's been flawless..

Any idea if either of the CATs will pass a sniffer test? AWE says their HJS CAT will pass a sniff test, so that will likely be the deciding factor for me, despite the price difference and my preference for a 3" system.

allset

Go Kart Champion
i got ya...i guess if i did he "custom" route id have to have them drill a hole and weld in another bung....i may just save the headache and save up for the UR DP with the 400 cell but even then again thats 500+ and so close to a APR tune

the o2 sensors are factored into the tunes cbfa or ccta if u were to remove one it would cause problems unless u customize the software.

easier to leave o2 alone and use apr tune

allset

Go Kart Champion
I am running a Eurojet TBE, No Cat with a RAI o2 sensor spacer using the middle sized jet. No CEL.

here u go, a guy with no cat, spacer and no CEL

whats ur readyness indcator situation with that set up?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Any idea if either of the CATs will pass a sniffer test? AWE says their HJS CAT will pass a sniff test, so that will likely be the deciding factor for me, despite the price difference and my preference for a 3" system.

I don't know what Canada has but in the USA sniffer test results are judged on a state by state basis.

Search by USA state and DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) and you can see what it takes to pass emissions.

In general, west coast states are difficult to pass emissions with tuned exhausts.

digimattic

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know what Canada has but in the USA sniffer test results are judged on a state by state basis.

Search by USA state and DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) and you can see what it takes to pass emissions.

In general, west coast states are difficult to pass emissions with tuned exhausts.

Yeah, Canada varies from province to province as well. In Victoria (where I study) there is no emissions testing at all, while in Toronto there is a visual, readiness and sniffer test. I can find out what the specific numbers Ontario looks for are, but without data regarding emissions of the respective DP/CATs, it's hard to make use of that info. AWE says their DP will pass the sniff test, so I'm using them as the benchmark.

Swoope

Ready to race!
Ultimate Racing DP with 400 cell CAT: No spacers, No cel's, No tune.

Mine's been flawless..

ceramic or metal? looks like a magnaflow.

beers

mike12

Passed Driver's Ed
It sucks that Godspeed doesn't make a cbfa down pipe or I'd get one and the spacer.

Oh btw, which sensor(s) need to have spacers