GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI MK6 Project

P

plac

Woah, woah, woah... A LOSS OF POWER? Really? You mean, less than what he was feeling with the stock parts in? Hmmm, I don't like this... How possible is that?

will be hard to find, i read dozens of threads every day. but i saw it. maybe the guy wasnt chipped or something, dunno. someone will be able to find it and post it here.. pretty sure he had an actual dyno pic also.

P

plac

will be hard to find, i read dozens of threads every day. but i saw it. maybe the guy wasnt chipped or something, dunno. someone will be able to find it and post it here.. pretty sure he had an actual dyno pic also.

i am mistaken. it wasnt a neuspeed. this guy didnt have a heat shield. might have made a slight difference. he has a dyno showing loss of low and mid, in addition to no high end gain.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5136674-Another-DIY-TSI-intake

Alizzo

Ready to race!
i am mistaken. it wasnt a neuspeed. this guy didnt have a heat shield. might have made a slight difference. he has a dyno showing loss of low and mid, in addition to no high end gain.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5136674-Another-DIY-TSI-intake

I just went to that thread and although you are right, this guy in question didn't have a Neuspeed intake, someone under it wrote this about the P-flo intake, that I JUST INSTALLED!!!#@$!#@$!@#$

This is an interesting thread. I recently installed a neuspeed p-flo intake on my tsi. This intake is seemingly well designed and does have a velocity stack. After having it installed for about a month i started to really noticed how much toll the intake was surprisingly taking on the performance of the car. My car actually felt significantly slower. This puzzled me because isnt the idea behind an intake to increase air flow to the turbo and therefor increase performance? well whether this had to do with oil being on the maf or just the intake itself, i cleaned the maf and put the stock air box back on. The car feels so much faster and runs so much better. With the intake on it actually felt a little bit ghetto. Im hoping that because the carbonio is inclosed, that it will be a little more effective..at the very least not cause a loss in power. Im also sure that chipped cars will see more of a gain out of an intake than an unchipped car would. Needless to say, i sold the intake and will most likely invest in a carbonio somewhere down the road.

FUCK.

P

plac

I just went to that thread and although you are right, this guy in question didn't have a Neuspeed intake, someone under it wrote this about the P-flo intake, that I JUST INSTALLED!!!#@$!#@$!@#$

FUCK.

lol.. dude, dont worry about it. someone will always have something negative to say about any mod anyone does.. doesnt mean you made a mistake.. just enjoy it for godsake..

Alizzo

Ready to race!
lol.. dude, dont worry about it. someone will always have something negative to say about any mod anyone does.. doesnt mean you made a mistake.. just enjoy it for godsake..

Haha... but this guy isn't bad mouthing it cuz he's a hater, he had one, and he said the performance was reduced. I'm gonna research this, if this really is what people are saying, I'm returning this.

P

plac

Haha... but this guy isn't bad mouthing it cuz he's a hater, he had one, and he said the performance was reduced. I'm gonna research this, if this really is what people are saying, I'm returning this.

dude there are bad reviews somewhere about EVERY intake...

Alizzo

Ready to race!
dude there are bad reviews somewhere about EVERY intake...

This is true. I guess my only question is that both the stock setup, and the Carbonio (which is what i was originally gonna get) are enclosed in a box, and the neuspeed isn't. But does that even make a difference?

P

plac

This is true. I guess my only question is that both the stock setup, and the Carbonio (which is what i was originally gonna get) are enclosed in a box, and the neuspeed isn't. But does that even make a difference?

as you know, i had the Carbonio. of course it makes a difference. Pure ramped air from outside, and rushed in to boot. Quieter overall then the open elements. But the rush of initial air is louder on the Carbonio as air sucks thru that smaller slot.

The birdy flutter blowoff is my #1 complaint about intakes on this car.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
as you know, i had the Carbonio. of course it makes a difference. Pure ramped air from outside, and rushed in to boot. Quieter overall then the open elements. But the rush of initial air is louder on the Carbonio as air sucks thru that smaller slot.

The birdy flutter blowoff is my #1 complaint about intakes on this car.

Did you definitely notice more performance with Carbonio? Do you still have it?

P

plac

Did you definitely notice more performance with Carbonio? Do you still have it?

oh yes, for sure. but not on low end at all. equal at best. the top end is where it really blew me away with the power way past redline.

sold it locally to littleloki a long time ago.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
oh yes, for sure. but not on low end at all. equal at best. the top end is where it really blew me away with the power way past redline.

sold it locally to littleloki a long time ago.

Hmmm... i don't know about this Neuspeed shiza. Gotta ponder on it.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
It's been a while since I've done any new mods but just this last weekend, I finally did my suspension.

Got H&R Ultra Low Coilovers, & an H&R 24mm rear sway bar.

I'm VERY happy with the drop. The stance is GREAT. Had some rubbing issues, which you will see below, but I had those fixed.

Thanks to Adam's Rotors, AR Garage, Adam Woodhams, & Sam Williams for the install/advice!!!

Even did the needle swipe VAG on the car in the process. :)

Before Front Shock/Spring

Before Rear Shock/Spring

Shiny New H&R Parts

After Front Shock/Spring

After Rear Shock/Spring

After Rear Sway Bar

Stance

So this was all done Saturday. I drove the car a few times Sunday with 2 different people in it, at different times. I had a little rub, but nothing crazy. Monday morning, I went to get coffee with my friend riding in the passenger seat. Made a u-turn and felt more rub than the day before. Immediately after the u-turn, tried to turn into a driveway with the passenger side wheel going in at an angle first. Heard a very loud and nasty sound. Parked, got out of the car, and saw this horrific sight:

NOT GOOD. I should've had the fenders rolled before doing all of this. Anyway, went to a DOPE shop called Sonic Motorsports in Santa Clara, CA. Guy named Calvin helped me out, even squeezed me in for an appointment the SAME DAY. $65 each fender. Looks brand new, and is tucked so far in that I haven't had ANY rub whatsoever since the work was done.

Next up: Stretch & Poke. Full turbo-back exhaust.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
You gotta roll your front fenders ASAP!!!

But congrats on the new mods esp ultras! Now roll em fenders and lower it morreee :)

Alizzo

Ready to race!
You gotta roll your front fenders ASAP!!!

But congrats on the new mods esp ultras! Now roll em fenders and lower it morreee :)

I got them rolled yesterday! All 4 fenders. Now I'm gonna get some smaller tires, stretch'em out. But some spacers on, and drop the car more!

Thanks!

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I got the rolled yesterday! All 4 fenders. Now I'm gonna get some smaller tires, stretch'em out. But some spacers on, and drop the car more!

Thanks!

All 4? There's nothing to roll in the rear.. Out rear quoter panels do not have a lip to fold but the front fenders do.
Any future plans for some wheels? Or just gonna rock the stock ones? If so, get some 205/35/18 so you can do some frame sliding without any rubbing lol