GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tuning Discussion

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
Been doing my own research on the DSG flash options concerning unitronic vs HPA.

From a few different sources, I've concluded HPA is worth the extra cost and seeing as how the DSG was under the microscope as it is for the false neutrals and mechatronics issues, IMO HPA is the better choice.

I recommend anyone looking to flash their DSG do their homework first as that isnt a choice to be taken lightly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's your opinion on the 'D' gear being left alone (at least I think) in the HPA vs. Unitronic making it slightly more aggressive? I feel like the D in the GTI is just too conservative for me.

What's your opinion on the 'D' gear being left alone (at least I think) in the HPA vs. Unitronic making it slightly more aggressive? I feel like the D in the GTI is just too conservative for me.

D isn't completely left alone, the progressive shift change is across the board. Personally, I currently desire d to function as conservative as possible for maximum fuel mileage when driving conservatively. I use M for my spirited driving sessions :)

Im not completely ruling unitronic out, but Ive not read anything that makes me think they are the better deal either yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

P

plac

i got a DSG tune solely for the D mode. the manual was fine to begin with, but i dont mind if its even better now. D mode was useless mostly.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Plac, I think you have never noticed the compass till now because mine goes away when I turn the radio off as well.

P

plac

Plac, I think you have never noticed the compass till now because mine goes away when I turn the radio off as well.

i can find out by searching all my old videos when i have time. my radio was always off so i wouldnt get copyright issues.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
i can find out by searching all my old videos when i have time. my radio was always off so i wouldnt get copyright issues.

I hadn't noticed either, but my 2011 (earlier model than yours) does this also. If I turn off the radio, the compass disappears from the MFI.

Last edited:
P

plac

I hadn't noticed either, by my 2011 (earlier model than yours) does this also. If I turn off the radio, the compass disappears from the MFI.

very good call. with this many people confirming that is stock behavior, i am going to go add an annotation to my video.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Digging up this old thread.

Has anyone done the HPA DSG tune with the rentable dongle?

Do you have to go through the engine bay like Malone's tune or can you OBD flash it like Unitronic?

Turn8

Ready to race!
Digging up this old thread.

Has anyone done the HPA DSG tune with the rentable dongle?

Do you have to go through the engine bay like Malone's tune or can you OBD flash it like Unitronic?

Yes, I have.

You access the DSG connector through the engine bay and acts like an OBD flash. It is pretty easy. The hardest part is lining up the connectors properly before inserting them.

You can read my review here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5807466-HPA-DSG-Stage-2-Upgrade-Review.

Mike

diputs

i have a stage 2+ and a dsg stage 1 flash

apart from the raised launch control and rev limiter on a stage 2 dsg, are the shift points on 'D" or 'S" changed in dsg stage 2?

what difference will I notice in driveability if I upgrade to stage 2 dsg?