GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Baltimore, MD Meet Thread

bwatson009

VW from the beginning...
Where on FB? I'm really not in the loop with the scene yet.
I think it's called Sundays at Loch Raven.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was just thinking of finding a good meeting point for a Sunday as it would be nice to have an option instead of just Wed.

I'm not sure who is meeting at Loch Raven reservoir these days. I grew up around that area and there used to be meets but then they got bigger and bigger and ppl would start doing burnouts and popping wheelies on ninja bikes and basically hauling ass down the street.....so the cops caught wind of that and would chase everyone out. I'm sure if ppl could hang out and not do anything stupid we could meet there but again this was years ago and it was a mixed bag of people, ricers and maybe some dubbers.

Sunday would be a better day for me although wed night is still a nice option. The wed night meeting spot I would just like to move to the side parking lot by Mama Lucias right across the street. Its in the shopping center with Home Depot off of Perry Parkway and off of Satyr Hill rd. where Satyr Hill crosses into Joppa Rd.

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Just to add,

I can make the meet this Wed if anyone is interested. Just let me know and we can coordinate something.

I like the idea of having something to do on a regular weekday as opposed to occupying my weekend. I would probably be down for either, but weeknights need some sprucing up and a little dub action might just do the trick.

:hitcomputer: :burnrubber:

The Wednesday meet down in Crofton was mostly a ton of high-school kids running up credit cards to build whatever their parents bought them, or so it seemed. Not to hate too much though, there were some legit rides. Only ONE other Mk6 (Forge Twintake, 42DD TBE, STOCK TUNE??, and some cosmo mods), and ONE mk5. There was a ratty-ass stripped Corrado that was kinda cool. Not much in the way of Germans unfortunately.

So I'd be down to find something different on Wednesdays.

nebright

Passed Driver's Ed
Were you in Columbia yesterday? Saw a car like this drive by.
That may have been me. I've been riding on weekends, but I have Detroit's. Mine looks stock except for 15% tints (from FL) and my Maryland Flag inserts in the hatch emblem. Plenty of tdi's. Actually there's another guy who works at the hospital with a TR and I wanna connect but I roll out and he rolls in on different shifts.
I like the idea of having something to do on a regular weekday as opposed to occupying my weekend. I would probably be down for either, but weeknights need some sprucing up and a little dub action might just do the trick.

:hitcomputer: :burnrubber:

The Wednesday meet down in Crofton was mostly a ton of high-school kids running up credit cards to build whatever their parents bought them, or so it seemed. Not to hate too much though, there were some legit rides. Only ONE other Mk6 (Forge Twintake, 42DD TBE, STOCK TUNE??, and some cosmo mods), and ONE mk5. There was a ratty-ass stripped Corrado that was kinda cool. Not much in the way of Germans unfortunately.

So I'd be down to find something different on Wednesdays.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

nebright

Passed Driver's Ed
It came, here it is on UG with chrome badge!

We're bros now. Badgskimo bros.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481]

nebright

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought I was the only one with this! Looks like we are the three amigos. Also, I was out of town for waterfest, however I will be going to vagfair, I'd like to get a little cruise together if anyone else would be interested?
Western HoCo has some great backroads.

bwatson009

VW from the beginning...
Who's out at vagfair today? Shot in the dark to see if anyone looks at this thread

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I was there!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
There's actually a meet every sunday night behind the Glory Days on Joppa Rd in Radio Park. Its the top level of the parking garage behind the building

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
What's up everyone?

My wife just accepted a new job in Baltimore so it looks like we're probably going to be moving down there. We were in the city for a few days last week and it was pretty cool, saw lots of VWs around. Hopefully the VW scene is better there then in Pittsburgh.

I just did a quick search online and looks like inspection and emissions requirements are similar to ours in PA. I have a 300 cell cat and have passed here so hopefully I won't have any issues down there.

I don't want to derail this thread so if anyone has a spare moment and is willing to offer some friendly advice, would you mind hitting me up with a PM with some areas to check out for housing (200-300k), or maybe better yet places to avoid, etc? We will be looking outside the city. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the next few months.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
What's up everyone?

My wife just accepted a new job in Baltimore so it looks like we're probably going to be moving down there. We were in the city for a few days last week and it was pretty cool, saw lots of VWs around. Hopefully the VW scene is better there then in Pittsburgh.

I just did a quick search online and looks like inspection and emissions requirements are similar to ours in PA. I have a 300 cell cat and have passed here so hopefully I won't have any issues down there.

I don't want to derail this thread so if anyone has a spare moment and is willing to offer some friendly advice, would you mind hitting me up with a PM with some areas to check out for housing (200-300k), or maybe better yet places to avoid, etc? We will be looking outside the city. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the next few months.

Welcome to MD and the forum. 300 cell cat is fine. I pass with no cat but I think even 200 cell is fine without spacers if you are lucky.

My girlfriend actually sells real estate full time for Keller Williams all over MD so if you want any help I can direct you to her. :thumbsup:

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to MD and the forum. 300 cell cat is fine. I pass with no cat but I think even 200 cell is fine without spacers if you are lucky.

My girlfriend actually sells real estate full time for Keller Williams all over MD so if you want any help I can direct you to her. :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Will let you know if we'll need your girlfriends assistance. :)