GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe installation tools

Danny3.2

(F)AWD but not Quattro :(
just want to add that i swapped in my Downpipe all from underneath the car. No need to pull the intake or anything else. the only thing i did under the hood was disconnect/reconnect the 02 sensor. I just took my time. about 1.5 hrs start to finish.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
just want to add that i swapped in my Downpipe all from underneath the car. No need to pull the intake or anything else. the only thing i did under the hood was disconnect/reconnect the 02 sensor. I just took my time. about 1.5 hrs start to finish.

How did you reach the top bolt?

Danny3.2

(F)AWD but not Quattro :(
How did you reach the top bolt?

Basically a "reach around!" i reached around with the short wobble ext and ratchet and figured it out. i guess i was able to get the angle as if i were loosening it from the top, but still underneath the car. Also came out pretty much unscathed. just a few scratches on the top of my wrist. Not bragging at all, but it was fairly simple. just took time to work it out.

spenny02

Ready to race!
Anyone know what the specs are on the nuts that hold the down pipe on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chatchie

Ready to race!
I think they're 16mm if I'm not mistaken.

spenny02

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, I needed the thread pitch too. I figured it out m10 x 1.5 for any future reference

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Geezus thats alot of tools. I did mine a couple days ago and used 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Any advice for a stripped head on a flange nut? Trying to go at it with heat, vice grips, and PB Blaster.

Have half a mind to just grab my air hammer and knock the damn thing off. I'm replacing the turbo and have new studs in hand anyway....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Try hammering on a slighly smaller socket. Use english vs metric if that's what it takes.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
I used a super long (about 2.5 foot) extension and entered just outside the wheel..

Just did this install. I removed the intake and entered from the driver's side near the brake master cylinder with a wobble extension.

With the COBB downpipe in place I was able to tighten it from the bottom because the OEM catalytic converter no longer blocked the bolt.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Interesting method. Maybe I'll try it when I install my k04. I went in from above on the drivers side with various extensions and wobbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the intake has to come out anyway, you'll have clearance to get sockets w/ extensions in that space. That's what I would do.