GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pcv question

FriggenT1

Banned
I decided to check a few things under the hood tonight, I noticed that when pulling the oil cap off, there's no resistance and air is actually blowing out, the engine also runs rough. I thought it was supposed to be difficult to pull the oil cap when at idle?

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
It's supposed to be difficult to pull the cap off if there is a vac leak.

Define difficult, because normally there is some resistance when pulling the cap off normally.

FriggenT1

Banned
Define difficult, because normally there is some resistance when pulling the cap off normally.

I always had a fairly strong vacuum when pulling mine off, there's basically none as I pull it away now and air just pours out (of course as there's a vacuum leak)

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I always had a fairly strong vacuum when pulling mine off, there's basically none as I pull it away now and air just pours out (of course as there's a vacuum leak)

i feel for you trying to chase this Friggen leak down man

urbanevil

Ready to race!
PCV is an easy swap, might be worth it to swap, though I hate just throwing $ at parts without confirmation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
i feel for you trying to chase this Friggen leak down man

Hence why I bought a 034 catch can with africa plate...1 less point of failure

Calkulin

Ready to race!
What PCV valve revision do you have? The E revision my car came with from the factory had a slight vacuum & oil leak, so I picked up an AC revision for less than $80 even though now, AH is the latest offered by VW

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
What PCV valve revision do you have? The E revision my car came with from the factory had a slight vacuum & oil leak, so I picked up an AC revision for less than $80 even though now, AE is the latest offered by VW

I got the latest about 15-20k miles ago...AC iirc

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Hence why I bought a 034 catch can with africa plate...1 less point of failure

funny as i just came from the thread with the guy from new zealand who had to replace his k04 on his R BECAUSE of the africa plate

That wasn't meant to antagonize. It's just funny when something supposed to be a solution

Last edited:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion

Like it felt like the cap weighed 50lbs. Happened when my PCV diaphragm tore and it was sucking air through the pin hole. Its a mjaor difference as if I tried it ow

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
What PCV valve revision do you have? The E revision my car came with from the factory had a slight vacuum & oil leak, so I picked up an AC revision for less than $80 even though now, AE is the latest offered by VW

I thought AE was for Audi models, and that requires seals rings and software updates.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
You're right, AH is the latest for ours, that revision just stuck in my head for some reason :thumbsup: