GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roof spoiler suggestions?

Skychan

Passed Driver's Ed
Skychan did you order this?

Sorry I didn't realize the discussion continued. I have not ordered it but am still highly interested in it. It's still my fav golf wing I've found.

I contacted ABT and they assure me it does not fit the Golf R and only fits the Polo WRC. A local body shop thinks he could probably mod it to fit the Golf R. I believe the requirement is to take off the Golf R's extra "wing", converting it down to the same wing the regular golf has. Then the ABT wing might fit with only minor modding.

I'm currently waiting for Pfaff Tuning to get back to me on a price for it. I can't begin to decide if I can afford it until I know. Not gonna be cheap to get it installed w/ modding. I'm expecting it to be expensive and I'll probably have to put it off for a while until I can justify spending the money.

Skychan

Passed Driver's Ed
Why don't you just get this one it looks like the one your looking for? And it's made for the GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had seen that one too. Pretty expensive, unlikely to be NOT needing professional install (anytime I read about these aftermarket parts I find ppl saying it needs to be tweaked at least a little bit to fit proper so I just assume most are that way).

I still def prefer the look of the ABT wing I posted about.

Check out the following thread, I also link to another wing that is similar to the ABT one, designed to fit the Euro GTI and I guess it could fit US GTI/R with our extra wing removed but I don't know. The ABT wing has some serious but subtle differences that make it much more appealing, at least to me.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97925

I am probably going to be ricer-stamped/RS-stamped now :)

Does anyone know of a company that makes wings similar to this one? Always been a huge fan of rally cars, and with VW's now competing in various rally events I'm a bit surprised that there is not more aftermarket parts geared towards that.

JKoehle

Ready to race!

Does anyone know of a company that makes wings similar to this one? Always been a huge fan of rally cars, and with VW's now competing in various rally events I'm a bit surprised that there is not more aftermarket parts geared towards that.

Can I just ask why?

Can I just ask why?

Well, why not :)

Why do people stance their cars, or why do some vinyl wrap theirs? I simply would want one because it would create a unique look and feel to the car. I know there is no way I would ever get to experience a rally car, but I like the appearance of them so I guess this would be as close to that as possible.

Noodle1

Ready to race!

Its Cool if it was a golf r but I really hate that its a gti pretending to be an R with the badge, (I also hate when wrx's bolt on a sti wing, mud flaps, cut the muffler off and call it a Sti) I mean it's your car and all but it's not an R so take that badge off and I think everyone would be fine with it. And I would recommend getting some knobby tires, It would look better IMO

Edit: I just realized thats not your car lol

gottowely

Anyone ever find the link to this spoiler? I found there website but idk what spoiler it is. They don't show them on any of the cars[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk