GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #16
Jeffs2013GTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 SB GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I can honestly say I would have gotten rid of my gti 3 years ago if I didn't k04 it. I am still in love with the car these days. LSD, good suspension, poly bushings, and motor mounts make this car a blast to drive.
I believe you. You have done these things to your car, and fortunately you were able to do much of the work yourself. I used to do the same thing with my cars of past, but due to a back injury from several years ago, I just cant turn wrenches on cars like I used to. So in my case I would have to pay for installation of many of the things that would make this car better. I am guesstimating that with a K04, LSD and supporting mods installed we are looking at 10g's. Granted I dont have to do it all at once, but I look at my car in the garage and think, 10g's to make this car into something I would like it to be, or sell, take the money and 10g's as a down on something that already is.

That is the question. I realize no one can answer it, and in a way its my fault. I never realized how spoiled I was driving an Evo of some sorts for over ten years. It was just what I drove, it was the norm. You get into something else, even something as good as the GTI and I feel like I took a few steps back.

My tracking days are not going to be as hard core as before either. Back issues cant handle it. I just would like to do it occasionally if I can and have something turn key that I can drive whenever, wherever including the track. Makes total financial sense to keep the GTI and work on it. Dont know.

here is a pic of my 9 for fun.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cb...rgZds0QXs589Sw

older pic of my GTI prior OEM LED Tails.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y4...UDbLEFxu7LOhYQ

Thanks for all your insight guys...Im just sitting tight and will figure somethign out..

Jeff
Jeffs2013GTI is offline   Reply With Quote