GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2+ 0-60 times?

rj45

Passed Driver's Ed
I like top performance as much as the next guy, but I'm glad to be rid of my old Audi TT's DSG. Not that the DSG was a total disappointment, but it wasn't as enjoyable as using a manual. It was impressively smooth (almost too smooth), but overall it didn't have enough of a sporting character. For example, shifts at high rpm weren't firm enough, they felt a bit slurred. Also, the throttle blips when 'manually' downshifting weren't sharp/quick enough.

I didn't like the gear lever's push-upshift/pull-downshift...IMO, it should be reversed, similar to a race car (BMW has it right, surprisingly Porsche doesn't). Using the paddles was ok, but it wasn't engaging enough for me, so 98% of the time I left it in auto. Also, the paddle's action felt too much like pushing a button, very little mechanical character. It drove alright in auto, but when accelerating from a slow roll it would stay in second gear. It would only downshift into first if you slowed to 3 or 4 mph. Consequently, response from those speeds in second gear was sluggish. Even when pulling away from a stop, response wasn't that great or consistent. I never really trusted the car when I had to shoot out onto a busy main road.

Of course, one positive is that the quick shifting DSG keeps the boost up between gears. Still, I much prefer driving a manual. Sure, it's not as quick, but the day-to-day driving satisfaction and feeling of control is much better, IMO. Of course, this assumes one can drive a manual well. Using the R's clutch/shifter is a joy...the clutch is a little light but has good feel, and the shifter has a smooth, light, well oiled feel. No complaints.

Even if the US Golf R was available with the optional DSG, I wouldn't have wanted it.

Last edited:

lemarin

Ready to race!
I like top performance as much as the next guy, but I'm glad to be rid of my old Audi TT's DSG. Not that the DSG was a total disappointment, but it wasn't as enjoyable as using a manual. It was impressively smooth (almost too smooth), but overall it didn't have enough of a sporting character. For example, shifts at high rpm weren't firm enough, they felt a bit slurred. Also, the throttle blips when 'manually' downshifting weren't sharp/quick enough.

I didn't like the gear lever's push-upshift/pull-downshift...IMO, it should be reversed, similar to a race car (BMW has it right, surprisingly Porsche doesn't). Using the paddles was ok, but it wasn't engaging enough for me, so 98% of the time I left it in auto. Also, the paddle's action felt too much like pushing a button, very little mechanical character. It drove alright in auto, but when accelerating from a slow roll it would stay in second gear. It would only downshift into first if you slowed to 3 or 4 mph. Consequently, response from those speeds in second gear was sluggish. Even when pulling away from a stop, response wasn't that great or consistent. I never really trusted the car when I had to shoot out onto a busy main road.

Of course, one positive is that the quick shifting DSG keeps the boost up between gears. Still, I much prefer driving a manual. Sure, it's not as quick, but the day-to-day driving satisfaction and feeling of control is much better, IMO. Of course, this assumes one can drive a manual well. Using the R's clutch/shifter is a joy...the clutch is a little light but has good feel, and the shifter has a smooth, light, well oiled feel. No complaints.

Even if the US Golf R was available with the optional DSG, I wouldn't have wanted it.

Same for me: there's 4 car in my Yard/garage, all 4 are 6 speed manual ! Of course DSG si faster, but Im not racing anyhow, so for every day driving I want à real manual tranny.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion

WOW! Even if you add .5sec, a 4.4sec 0-60 is still wicked fast, but the 3.9 you got, that must have some of the local exotics nervous???

Them = :yikes:

You = :burnrubber: :happyanim:

100kmh = 62mph so actually you could probably take 0.1 off or so.

McQueen77

Banned
this is like a mk4 i think, stage 3, so whole different level, but regardless, so fun shifting through all that power. it'd be hard to give up the fun factor for quicker 0-60 times..

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
Pretty sure I saw someone w/ a tuned R breaking into the 3's. It was with one of those meters that you put on your windshield.

Imagine that! Lol

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!

Custom Stage 2 Ecu Tune
Milltek TBE
VWR Air Intake
Forge DV
BSH Throttle Pipe
Sprintbooster
with DSG Software, should be between 3,8-4,0 seconds

No way in the world

vw_König

Ready to race!
4.4 is still a good time. Wow can't wait to go stage 2

RAREHARE

Ready to race!
so i went Stg2+ today, let me tell u. STUPID FAST!!!! especially in higher gears. so impressed

Rarhare

pop-R-

Passed Driver's Ed
Unitronic stage 2+ 0-100 Km with two persons

Attachments

• Photo 8-12-12 18 19 49.jpg
    Photo 8-12-12 18 19 49.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 567