Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a few shots of my 2010 TDI.

Current mods:
23% Charcoal Window Tints
Black Vinyl top
Red Calipers

Future mods:
H&R Touring Cup Kit
17 or 18" rims (Looking at the VMR V710, VB3 or the BBS CO, CH)

Still debating whether or not I need to get a spoiler...

Attachments

• Picture 007s.jpg
    Picture 007s.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Picture 003s.jpg
    Picture 003s.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Picture 004s.jpg
    Picture 004s.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 940
  • Picture 005s.jpg
    Picture 005s.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Picture 008s.jpg
    Picture 008s.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

jman1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm really digging the black roof, where did you get it done and how much?

Do you have any pic of the whole car, front 3/4 view?

udon

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks jman. I'll look into getting a few more shots later this week...

I went to a place in Markham called SinzoMedia... they do a lot of vinyl work for cars. The guys there are very professional, service and quality is A+. Give them a call and ask for Pierre, he'll hook you up. I got the glossy black top and that came to about $170 (150+10 sunroof+10 antenna). They have a MK5 with Carbon Fibre vinyl and it looks sick, but the CF vinyl was a bit over my budget. Expect about 3 hours of work, mine took about 4 and was the first MK6 to get vinyl-ed.

You can check out their website at http://www.shinzostore.com/.

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
The price is nice and I have been thinking about it, but I am still looking for a Tornado Red MK5/6 picture to gauge the look for myself.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
Sick! I considered this idea but my sis has a 2009 a3, which is white with black roof like this. She teases me enough saying I wanna be just like her. Lol looks great none the less

CadMan

Ready to race!
Damn that's hot! :evil: I want to do the same to mine.

One question, did you consider adding the vinyl to your roof spoiler?

Last edited:

mdashali

Ready to race!
What is the use of this mod? Just for looks?
I am not a fan of how it looks though I also don't own a CW :D

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Looks HAWT!!! Should've vinyl'd the spoiler roof indentation though. Looks partially done. I would SOOO do it ... but it kinda has an expiration date here in SoFlo.

What is the use of this mod? Just for looks?
It adds 10hp @ the wheels. :burnrubber:

TDI110

O_o
That looks great, if I had a white TDI that would have been a mod on my list for sure! Good job. If that is at wild water kingdom, how's that place nowadays? It's been about a decade since I was there. Is it as dirty as some say :p?

udon

Passed Driver's Ed
CadMan, that was not at Wild Water Kingdom... I took the pictures at my old elementary parking lot LOL

I did thought about having a part of the spoiler vinyl-ed, but after talking to the guy who installed it for me, I think its better as is.. If I had it half done, it will look kinda off... and since they don't computer-cut the vinyl, the precision of the cut makes it very hard... As it is right now, I can always chose to add a rear spoiler if I wanted to in the future too =P

I thought about getting the whole spoiler vinyled in black, but i think the craftsmanship won't be that great since you can't really cover the overlaps and cuts.

Last edited:

udon

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks KanDyWyte... yea, the material is said to last only 5 years. But I heard stories where it can last even longer if its treated well =)