GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #43
alvinli217
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 TR 4dr GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball9298 View Post
are you fucking kidding me!? NOW you guys speak up? Right after I paid for this thing? Literally everybody said no drone and then you 2 come in here right after I pay for the thing yesterday and say its so obnoxious you cant stand it....WTF
don't worry too much man, maybe you can tolerance the drone especially you can control the rpm a bit better since your car is MT

overall it's a great exhaust setup especially with the V-band connection. most other brands including my APR turboback setup with slip on connection always seem to have really tiny bit of exhaust leak from the joint which i didn't have at all with the SPM setup.
CTS GTX3071R turbokit|fully built engine|CTS TOP|CTS FMIC|CTS catch can|BSH throttle pipe|Katecool oil coolers|BCS catback|Wavetrac|Unitronic stage 3|UM stage 2 DSG|BSH full mounts|Superpro ALK|Superpro all bushings|Forge 356mm BBK|Tinted R led tail|Full Osir Bodykit|KW V3|H&R sways
IE intake manifold waiting to be installed
alvinli217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #44
thez99
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Carbon Grey MKVII GTI 4-dr
Dont worry about the Hong Kong guy's review, this exhaust will not drone hardly at all unless you run a full track setup with a catless dp. If you run a street midpipe and resonated Jpipe with track rear, almost zero drone. Btw, my highway noise like I stated earlier is nearly nothing, even when I get on it above 60mph, all i hear is sex, not drone. So my guess is hong kong man either had a full track setup or had a shit installation.
Mods::: Modshack VDTA Intake Carbon pwdcoat ./. Apr Stage 1 fully loaded ./. SPM Custom Polished Full TBE ./. 18x8 et45 Alzor 621's (winter)./. 17x7.5 et42 Focal X's, Michelin PSS (summer) ./. NewSouth Ventpod Boost gauge ./. BFI 70a Torque arm insert ./. StopTech ST-41 BBK ./. ECS F-R swaybars ./. Unibrace red UB/XB ./. GFB DV+
thez99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #45
McFuzz
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
I got a video of my setup...:

A few things to note: by mashing I really meant 50%... and the slight buzzing you hear when I step on it is a little keychain I have in the tray below the cigarette lighter.

As the video says - pretty civilized!
McFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #46
mmoran903
Oval Newbie

Drives: with all four wheels :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuzz View Post
I got a video of my setup...:

A few things to note: by mashing I really meant 50%... and the slight buzzing you hear when I step on it is a little keychain I have in the tray below the cigarette lighter.

As the video says - pretty civilized!
Thank you. This is the kind of video, in my opinion, that helps determine how livable an exhaust is. It helps put sound in perspective (because you're talking) and it shows what cruising is like. It's amazing no one else bothers to do these type of videos... just a whole slew of drive by DSG farts and revving at idle.
mmoran903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #47
Blaylock1988
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black MT 4Dr 12 GTI; Buell 07 XB9SX
Interesting video. It seems comparable to my Eurojet TBE. I would have liked to see a larger range of RPMs though, particularly medium throttle from 1500 up to the range in your video. Most of my drone on my Eurojet is in the lower RPM range (city cruising speeds, not highway speeds), I am curious how it is on the SPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
becausesortoflikeracecarbutnotquiteracecar
Blaylock1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #48
McFuzz
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock1988 View Post
Interesting video. It seems comparable to my Eurojet TBE. I would have liked to see a larger range of RPMs though, particularly medium throttle from 1500 up to the range in your video. Most of my drone on my Eurojet is in the lower RPM range (city cruising speeds, not highway speeds), I am curious how it is on the SPM.
I'll try to deliver but it's a bit hard when doing it by myself.... :P
Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #49
Blaylock1988
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black MT 4Dr 12 GTI; Buell 07 XB9SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuzz View Post
I'll try to deliver but it's a bit hard when doing it by myself.... :P
nothing loads of cash can't fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
becausesortoflikeracecarbutnotquiteracecar
Blaylock1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #50
McFuzz
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock1988 View Post
nothing loads of cash can't fix

I accept donations
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #51
alvinli217
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 TR 4dr GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Dont worry about the Hong Kong guy's review, this exhaust will not drone hardly at all unless you run a full track setup with a catless dp. If you run a street midpipe and resonated Jpipe with track rear, almost zero drone. Btw, my highway noise like I stated earlier is nearly nothing, even when I get on it above 60mph, all i hear is sex, not drone. So my guess is hong kong man either had a full track setup or had a shit installation.
first of all you ain't even K04...and dude i am originally from vancouver so don't hong kong this hong kong that racist.

second you just stage 1...not even using full turboback.
i did have the resonated Jpipe and catted dp with street catback

so your review can't help at all to the OP
CTS GTX3071R turbokit|fully built engine|CTS TOP|CTS FMIC|CTS catch can|BSH throttle pipe|Katecool oil coolers|BCS catback|Wavetrac|Unitronic stage 3|UM stage 2 DSG|BSH full mounts|Superpro ALK|Superpro all bushings|Forge 356mm BBK|Tinted R led tail|Full Osir Bodykit|KW V3|H&R sways
IE intake manifold waiting to be installed
alvinli217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
Lawrider
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 13' 4 door GTI base
I won't repeat myself in this thread, but here is my response in another thread about the SPM street exhaust:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...12#post1409612
Lawrider is offline   Reply With Quote