GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Time has come... slipping clutch @ 21k

GTI7871

Banned
Well, time has come... my clutch started slipping tonight for the first time (APR Stage 1 since 10k). Now i need to start searching for my best option. This decision is NOT an easy one, we don't have many options out there other than South Bend, Clutch Masters and Sachs Performance which is from what i read the best option and most expensive one too.

I'm planning on going K04 next year so i think i'm gonna need the complete kit and NOT just the drop in clutch like many people are doing here.

Any feedback or suggestion that can help me with this process? Did you heard bad or good things from this companies? Most reliable or viable options?

Thanks,

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
Well, time has come... my clutch started slipping tonight for the first time (APR Stage 1 since 10k). Now i need to start searching for my best option. This decision is NOT an easy one, we don't have many options out there other than South Bend, Clutch Masters and Sachs Performance which is from what i read the best option and most expensive one too.

I'm planning on going K04 next year so i think i'm gonna need the complete kit and NOT just the drop in clutch like many people are doing here.

Any feedback or suggestion that can help me with this process? Did you heard bad or good things from this companies? Most reliable or viable options?

Thanks,

there have been many threads on this. by the looks of it right now, sachs is very expensive and not many on here have it to comment too much about it. clutchmasters has been great, many going for the fx400 kit if your doing k04 in the future. southbend has it ups and downs, and right now i wouldnt go with it. they are coming out with revised kits starting jan 1st, so i would wait if you really want sb.