GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR KO4 vs piece of metal

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I had the APR KO4 installed on Friday. Drove home on Saturday and went out to lunch with my lady. We were then on our way to run a few errands and my MFD displayed Flat Tire............joy.....NOT. We went on a quest locally to plug the tire (did not inspect it after the incident) and it turned out a huge chunk of metal destroyed the tire. That took the wind out of my sails. At least I found a place that has the tire in stock and having it replaced today. I'm glad it's only got less than 6K on it, so I can get by with only replacing the one bad one.

For those of you who suffered past the first paragraph...........

The APR KO4 is awesome! It has power everywhere. If you have the means, just do it! Thinking about upgrading my Passport 8500 to the 9500xi as 100 MPH comes up way too fast now. The intake is so much louder (BSH race intake) with the KO4. I did have my 42DD resonated and catted DP installed at the same time, so that could be a contributing factor.

I can't even imagine what the lucky people driving a Stage 3 experience. I would love to have that extra power, but the KO4 is fast enough to get you cuffed in stuffed in a heartbeat. Only thing now is to upgrade to the APR FMIC and then I'm done..........if there is a G-d.

FNR32

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about your tire man. That really does suck but im glad you're getting it taken care of. Tell us (me) more about the K04 lol. DId you have any mods before the K04 or did you go from stock straight to K04?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to hear about your tire man. That really does suck but im glad you're getting it taken care of. Tell us (me) more about the K04 lol. DId you have any mods before the K04 or did you go from stock straight to K04?

Thanks, my man. Yeah not really fun to have to dish out more money after all that I spent on the upgrades.

I was Stage 1 before and had a ceramic coated down pipe on hand, but waited for an install like this to have it done.

I LOVE the KO4 upgrade! It is brutally fast, yet totally tame using a light throttle. I am very happy with it. I'll have to try the 100 octane file soon to feel the full potential. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Cheers

FNR32

Ready to race!
Im at the point where I could go down and get the K04 tomorrow but im just not certain if it's really worth it or not. I like the fact that it's a fairly stealthy upgrade due to potential warranty work and things like that. That's the primary reason that I don't go stage 3 or something like that. Stage 1 felt like a huge improvement over stock but still left me wanting. My FSi was stage 2 and that felt amazing for a few weeks then it left me wanting more. Im afraid that after ive invested 3k the K04 will still leave me wanting lol.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Well my friend, if you don't want to be left wanting...........go Stage 3. I'm very happy with the KO4, but as with most mods, I'll get used to it. I guess I can at least look forward to the APR FMIC.

Goin' to go get my replacement tire now.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
Well my friend, if you don't want to be left wanting...........go Stage 3. I'm very happy with the KO4, but as with most mods, I'll get used to it. I guess I can at least look forward to the APR FMIC.

Goin' to go get my replacement tire now.

the k04 can put down near stage 3 numbers, just not on an APR tune, I put down 332 whp and 330 wheel torque, which is about 362 crank hp.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
the k04 can put down near stage 3 numbers, just not on an APR tune, I put down 332 whp and 330 wheel torque, which is about 362 crank hp.

Nice!! I'm not really a numbers guy. It's all on how it feels. I'm quite happy with the APR tune. I have nothing to compare it to. Out of sight, out of mind.