GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FORGE+S3 Intercooler question

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Im buying the forge twintercooler to add on to my s3 but my question to forge is will the hoses from the twintercooler mate up to my s3 intercooler or are there special hoses you need to make both of these intercoolers work?

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
Im buying the forge twintercooler to add on to my s3 but my question to forge is will the hoses from the twintercooler mate up to my s3 intercooler or are there special hoses you need to make both of these intercoolers work?

From what I remember, the forge molded hoses are included with the twintercooler. They're installed with included hose clamps and should slip fit over the TOP, Intake tube, and both intercoolers.

Someone can correct me as I've never installed either.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
To use our TWINtercooler with the OEM S3 core, you NEED our S3 specific hoses.

These can be supplied with the kit instead of the normal hoses, but you MUST request this when ordering.

Otherwise, they are indeed available separately.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
wow thats steep!

Interesting......

The pair of hoses comprises nearly 50% of the complete kit (total retail value of $850), leaving only the core itself and a few other small components for installation remaining.

The hoses are also larger in size (total material volume) than some other application specific hoses we offer, like our turbo inlet pipes for the 1.8T applications, which are $185 each.

The cost is more than reasonable.