GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate Rattle

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Ok so i got off the phone with volkswagen of America about the infamous wastegate rattle :\ they basically opened a case on it. I feel if everyone opens there mouth and speaks up they'll finally find a fix for this problem. Everyone give them a call and please tell them the problem! Dont just sit here and take this ugly, annoying, cheap, rattle on our $24,000 cars! If you would like the number to vw of america pm and ill send it. The funny part is people telling me the aftermarket parts cause this problem HA HA! dont let anyone tell you that aftermarket parts cause this problem. Even people on this forum who are bone stock can hear this bullshit rattle. Please speak up! If you dont we will be forced with this annoying noise till we eventually buy a new car.

Ps when you Eventually try and sell the car its gonna be hard when the person your tryin to sell it to hears this rattle. Sounds broken :\

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
if you don't mind me asking, how did you lead in to explaining the problem and such? I'd imagine the people on the phone might not necessarily be the most technical, so I'm not sure if they'd understand if I dialed them up and just said something like:
"my car has the infamous wastegate rattle rabble rabble" ya know?

so I'm just curious how you brought it up in your conversation with them, haha.

but yes, I totally agree, this issue should be addressed. the noise really makes the car feel cheap. though it may understandably be lower on their priority list since it doesn't seem to lead to any catastrophic failures or injuries/accidents.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
I basically brought it up by saying this problen isnt just with me, its with the majority or GTI mk6 owners. Its a rattle that the turbo makes at low RPM's like a loose rusty latch sound. I also said that i have proof that everyone has this issue and its something they DEFF have to look into. But if the majority of MK6 drivers complain about it they'll hopefully look into fixing it. Obviously if a fly buzzes around you and you swing at it and it leaves then you really dont care, but if that fly keeps coming back then youll be forced to take action. Thats what im hopeing theyll do is to get soo many complaints that they will be forced to fix it.

Btw it doesnt hurt to try :\ it wont cost anything except 10~20 min of your time.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
the other problem with the whole thing is that even the TSB confirms that there is no fix...so it's even more frustrating since you KNOW that bringing it to the dealer for the issue will simply just mean you waste your own time so they can see/hear what you already know is happening.

My dealer told me "yeah, come in so we can take the car around to hear it/diagnose it...but there is no fix at this time"...so why would I waste my own precious time just so they can be aware of it? They need to just replace these wastegates.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Maybe if we all hit them with a wave of complaints it will force them to get a head start on fixing these faulty wastegates.