GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possibly Moving To Dallas

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Might be moving to Dallas from Chicago. I've never been to Dallas. Any insight as to where to live? My wife will be working downtown. I'm 37 and my wife is 40. We don't have kids and don't plan on having any. Initial research suggests Highland Park and Lower Greenville might be a good fit. We're coming Sunday for a few days to take a look around. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Highland Park? Hope both of you make decent coin because HP is far from cheap. HP is not the place to be if you're DINK's honestly.

M-Streets and Uptown would be your best bet.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the input.

I'm just surprised you two aren't moving to Plano or Frisco like everyone else is thanks to Toyota setting up shop here haha

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I'm just surprised you two aren't moving to Plano or Frisco like everyone else is thanks to Toyota setting up shop here haha

We currently live in Chicago. Plano and Frisco might be too suburban for us. No kids and no plans for them.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
We cure live in Chicago. Plano and Frisco might be too suburban for us. No kids and no plans for them.

Totally agree (although I find myself wanting to live away from the city and I'm 32, single, and no kids haha).

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So this is happening. Putting the Chicago condo up for sale next week. Wife already started her job in Dallas. We're looking in the Knox-Henderson and NE Dallas area.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Knox henderson area off of 75 is a very nice area, lobe some of the older houses. Im about 20 miles from there, unlike yourself i have 4 kids! As for meet ups i have no idea, but i do have a few (many) tuning questions as i know no one else with a gti :(
All my tuning experience is with dual carbs, jets, and a 009 distributor (ac vw) i work by downtown and im alwaus out and about. Do you perform your work or take it to a shop?
Thanks Chris

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Whelp, I moved to Dallas. Where’s the meets!

They don't exist. Unfortunately the community has been fragmented into silly cliques for a good while now. Hopefully you attended the Cars and Coffee meet this morning instead.

Jack_Rabbit

Welcome. I've lived in Dallas since 2011. I'm fond of the Lake Highlands/Casa Linda/Lakewood area since I enjoy biking & those area's are so close to the lake.

I have lived Downtown for the last few years & I enjoy it as well. It has it's drawbacks of course, but I'm across the street from my office & I'm walking distance from many places to go "out" at. Not recommended if you have kids tho - which it looks like you don't.

EDIT***In reading the entire chain - I just saw you moved here, welcome!***