GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unmarrying Cobb AP Question

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I am returning my GTI to stock in preparation to sell and have a Cobb AP installed.

I initially had GIAC's K04 file which I flashed over when installing the Cobb.

When I uninstall the Cobb what can I expect to be left with? Nothing? Will the car even run or will it reflash a stock image?

Thanks..

Laimface

Ready to race!
I am returning my GTI to stock in preparation to sell and have a Cobb AP installed.

I initially had GIAC's K04 file which I flashed over when installing the Cobb.

When I uninstall the Cobb what can I expect to be left with? Nothing? Will the car even run or will it reflash a stock image?

Thanks..

It'll be an OEM flash.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
to quote alex from stratified.

Here is what happens when you install and uninstall the AP:

Since the ECU can't be read before installing, the AP does not backup any competitor's tune (nor the actual "stock" ROM). When uninstalling, it flashes the latest known version (from Volkswagen) of the ROM the customer's car originally had (these are stored on the AP)

Pooley

Ready to race!
Seems the initial question was just answered so it's safe to derail this thread.

Did you have the generic Cobb K04 tune or did you get a ProTune? How did it compare to the GIAC tune? I have the AWE GIAC K04 tune (not the Extreme or whatever they call their maxxed out drag tune) and was wondering if there was a noticeable difference with Cobb.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Seems the initial question was just answered so it's safe to derail this thread.

Did you have the generic Cobb K04 tune or did you get a ProTune? How did it compare to the GIAC tune? I have the AWE GIAC K04 tune (not the Extreme or whatever they call their maxxed out drag tune) and was wondering if there was a noticeable difference with Cobb.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
cobb doesnt have a k04 tune. You would need to get a protune from a dealer for a k04 or big turbo.

Pooley

Ready to race!
cobb doesnt have a k04 tune. You would need to get a protune from a dealer for a k04 or big turbo.
Makes sense since anyone with a K04 would also have various branded associated parts that could affect the tune. I wish tunes weren't so damn expensive, would love to see how noticeable a ProTune would be over what I'm used to with my current tune.