GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Driving your car stock on track is rewarding, you learn how to adapt to the car as it is, then as you upgrade you notice the improvements. Just my opinion tho.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in complete agreement here ^. Seat time is going to make you a better driver not a set of springs & shocks. Doing a track day or two will give you an idea of what needs to be upgraded for you to be happy.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'm in complete agreement here ^. Seat time is going to make you a better driver not a set of springs & shocks. Doing a track day or two will give you an idea of what needs to be upgraded for you to be happy.

Yeah or just autox they are super cheap and affordable compared to track days.

webbry4

Ready to race!

Missing the screw after my intake install unsure how I managed to misplace it anybody know what size or replacement I'll need?

Jaber

Modero

Missing the screw after my intake install unsure how I managed to misplace it anybody know what size or replacement I'll need?

If you call the dealer, they'll be able to pull it up right away. But I believe it's N90993601. I bought two and ended up putting a nut on mine, so it's for sure not going anywhere :laugh: Mine also fell out, a month after installing Unitronic intake. Probably didn't tighten it down enough or you can put some blue loctite.

webbry4

Ready to race!
If you call the dealer, they'll be able to pull it up right away. But I believe it's N90993601. I bought two and ended up putting a nut on mine, so it's for sure not going anywhere :laugh: Mine also fell out, a month after installing Unitronic intake. Probably didn't tighten it down enough or you can put some blue loctite.

Thanks man! Ya without It the pipe is up against my brake booster and I'm getting a lovely rattle on my brake pedal when idling.

Last edited:

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I have OEM HIDs so Im thinking of upgrading to the LED HIDs. Is it a straight swap or do I need other things as well? Thanks

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I just now discovered that I have LED rear license plate lights. These aren't stock, are they?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Was changing oil the other day and we having some lighting issues in my friend's garage. made me wish i had a light under the hood.

came across this thread on vortex: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6993103-AntiDark-under-hood-led-kit-DIY-Review

Wondering if you guys think this would also work with the GTI. also not seeing much of this kinda thing on here unless im looking in the wrong place - anyone know if this has been tried on our cars?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
My GTI is a 2013 with a build date of 2-13 & has no LED plate lights. I added them.

I see no reason you couldn't do that under hood light setup on a MK6 GTI.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Was changing oil the other day and we having some lighting issues in my friend's garage. made me wish i had a light under the hood.

came across this thread on vortex: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6993103-AntiDark-under-hood-led-kit-DIY-Review

Wondering if you guys think this would also work with the GTI. also not seeing much of this kinda thing on here unless im looking in the wrong place - anyone know if this has been tried on our cars?

:yikes:

That looks pretty intense, I'd probably have a headache after working under there for 15 minutes

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
:yikes:

That looks pretty intense, I'd probably have a headache after working under there for 15 minutes

Yeah, I think it'd be better with a manual switch. The light would come in handy now and then, but I don't need to get blasted every time I open the hood

Datsun Z cars had a little light within the engine bay, except that one was totally useless.

AGEE4

Ready to race!
Intake Manifold took a crap on me for the third time. Contacted VW of America for a possible lemon but back. VW opened a case and is evaluating all the circumstances. What are some possible outcomes and chances of getting into a new VW? Has anyone here gone through this?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Intake Manifold took a crap on me for the third time. Contacted VW of America for a possible lemon but back. VW opened a case and is evaluating all the circumstances. What are some possible outcomes and chances of getting into a new VW? Has anyone here gone through this?

this should probably be own thread.... not a stupid question.

dont be shocked when they just say no.