GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone taken their Mk6 GTI to CarMax recently?

VadGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering what they're paying these days, but am somewhat busy (and lazy) to take a couple of hours out of my day to actually find out.

Trying to figure out what they'll give on a '13 GTI Wolfsburg manual with 42k on it. KBB says trade-in is $13,800, but I'm thinking that's optimistic.

Anyone?

JKoehle

Ready to race!
What did they offer you?

Not my GTI, but a couple months back I took them my 13 civic with 40k and got 7 for it. I'm just saying they don't care for the enthusiast or the fun value of a car, that place solely exists to flip economy cars for the biggest turnaround they can get away with

And it goes without saying, KBB has never sold a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdub09

Ready to race!
I just got an offer from my local VW dealer for right under 12k

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i got a offer from my local VW dealer for $7k for my 2011 3 door dsg with ~60k if i purchased a 2017 VW gti dsg.

I honestly would sell private party if you can you'll easily clear an extra few grand than on trade in.

Jaber

Modero
Whatever your car is worth -$5,000 is every car max offer.

This has been my experience as well. And this is for cars that are in mint condition.

Only positive to CarMax, you can get rid of it, hassle free. Without having to deal with the bs that private buyer (tire kickers) bring. More so if it's an amount where a private buyer needs a loan.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
i got a offer from my local VW dealer for $7k for my 2011 3 door dsg with ~60k if i purchased a 2017 VW gti dsg.

I honestly would sell private party if you can you'll easily clear an extra few grand than on trade in.

The VW dealership (I originally purchased from) sent me an email claiming they would pay off the loan I have and give me $4500 towards a newer model. So basically... those greedy dumbfucks are offering me $6500 for my GTI. :lol:

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Took 2008 civic si with 61k miles. I had it lightly detailed inside and out before I took it in to have it appraised.. they offered me 12k. Lol this was at Carmax in Duarte. This was 3 years ago. The civic si was on coilovers, straight pipe, AEM intake and powder coated OEM rims. Kbb was around 10k as well. Just go try it and make sure you wash your car man. not going to lie it was a quick process as well

KDOG1

Ready to race!
They gave me 1500 for my 2003 suburban with 178k miles and transmission problems.. hadn't been washed in 6 months with mud all over it andstained carpets lol I was expecting 500 at best, it's worth a try they blew me away, I would never buy a car from them though too overpriced

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
........., I would never buy a car from them though too overpriced

I wouldn't either. I knew someone who worked there and they purposely abuse the incoming cars whenever they get the chance.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
We took my wife's Subaru Forester to CarMax. It was a very easy process that took less than a half hour. Their offer wasn't great, but wasn't terrible either. We left with their offer in hand & headed to the Subaru dealer to buy my Wife's new car. The Subaru dealer beat CarMax by $2500 for our trade in.