GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hatch emblem

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
Was just wondering what people do as far as redoing their rear hatch VW emblem. Mines the stock one with the black background and chrome lettering right now. I was looking to go with gloss black lettering instead. Do people just paint them or buy and replace them with ones off ebay or amazon?

ahard48

Ready to race!
Lots of people have done this. Search around the forums it has a wealth of knowledge! This is a great vendor who supplies these things: Kliimotorwerks

riceburner

Autocross Champion
essentially ^, again do some reserch probably a good youtube video, you essentially pry it off from the bottom by undoing the tabs that hold it in place.

CHerna

Ready to race!
essentially ^, again do some reserch probably a good youtube video, you essentially pry it off from the bottom by undoing the tabs that hold it in place.

Yep. The rear is pretty straight forward. There's a notch along the bottom where you can stick a small [protected] tool to begin separating.

The front kicked my ass. I had to read the DIY and watch a couple youtube videos. I eventually got it. It's a bit tricky.

cchase__

Ready to race!
I broke my rear one in half, so be careful if you want to keep it. Front has a ton of clips and you're guaranteed to break a few. As a common theme with this car removing or breaking clips don't seem to affect the fitment all that much so I wouldn't be worried.

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Tip for rear is to use a card(one you don't care about) get it under the bottom(i believe that's where the notch to start is)and slowly move it around till it pops off.. Haven't broken a tab yet..
I have bought emblems but enjoy just repainting it to a color I like, for the back I buy a colored piece of vinyl and lay it under and cut out the notches here's a pic of an old color I had matching across with my wheels/grill etc.

Currently it's CSG to match the body/front grill stripes/emblem, with a shiny black vinyl under because it looks like faded plastic without it.

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
So I found the ones I want off ebay but most of the listings for the color(s) I want are saying for MK7, will an MK7 badge fit Mk6 as well?

CHerna

Ready to race!
The front is different for sure. I'm not sure about the rear. Probably different

KDOG1

Ready to race!
So I found the ones I want off ebay but most of the listings for the color(s) I want are saying for MK7, will an MK7 badge fit Mk6 as well?

^
Agreed. I don't think the placement of the notches are the same I looked forever and finally settled on customizing it myself, much more satisfying and then you don't run into everyone else with the same eBay emblem color haha just do a fine grit sand and a couple coats incase of rocks

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Went with csg. Front emblem was a pain to remove. Never quite got it back the same after removing second time to repaint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If you're gonna paint it at least get an inlay to match your cars paint. Looks a lot better than a big black hole on the back of your car.

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol yea I wasn't a fan of the all black ones, I was looking at this color scheme-