GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone BT Streaming Questions (I searched...reallly, I did!)

Wingscribe

Passed Driver's Ed
Morning all,

My iPhone 3G has been paired and works just fine for calls and A2DP streaming.

The problem, however, is that I have to launch the ipod app, start the music, and only THEN can I select BT Audio from the radio...

Yeah, it is a small thing, I know, but those seconds waiting for that darned BT Audio screen button to become active are making me a little more nuts than I was already...

This would not be an issue if not for the Sony $150 rig in my Miata, it connects to BT audio automatically on startup of the car...so there muse be a way, right?

Is there a way to have BT Audio connect automatically on car start?

Thanks in advance...

bg1

I have tried everything to cause it to pick up automatically. Just be glad it picks up at all. Sometimes I have to turn off the stereo and turn it back on before it will allow me to choose the Media button. And the most annoying thing is that the next time the stereo comes on after using bluetooth, it defaults to a FM station instead of any of the Sirius stations that I was listening too.

pvivino

Ready to race!
Tried it yesterday. Agree the car will do bluetooth for phone automatically, but not for the A2DP bluetooth music streaming. Minor inconvenience, but it does work well other than some compression artifact. I use it for Pandora from my iphone.