GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Voice Commands and RCD-510

krische

vdubber in training
Does the RCD-510 support voice commands?

I just got my GTI yesterday, when I press the voice command button, the radio mutes but I don't hear or see anything prompting me with what to say? Seems kind of odd to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

saucer

Leadfoot
I would tell you to "read your $#%$@ manual" but I've read my bluetooth/media section twice and still don't know wtf I'm doing lol

in for info

krische

vdubber in training
Yeah I've read the controls section of the manual. There is the picture that labels the button as the "voice command button" but I see nowhere in the manual that it describes how to use it or commands.

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the RCD-510 support voice commands?

I just got my GTI yesterday, when I press the voice command button, the radio mutes but I don't hear or see anything prompting me with what to say? Seems kind of odd to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

GTI's in NA have the 9W2 bluetooth module which does not have the voice command feature, all it does is mutes the radio. You need to upgrade to 9W3 or in my case 9W7, recode the steering wheel and enable the PTT (push to talk) feature and your set :)

krische

vdubber in training
GTI's in NA have the 9W2 bluetooth module which does not have the voice command feature, all it does is mutes the radio. You need to upgrade to 9W3 or in my case 9W7, recode the steering wheel and enable the PTT (push to talk) feature and your set :)

will that work with the RCD-510 or only the RNS-510?

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
That I can't say, I belive it will but you don't have the phone button on the radio so that feature will not be there allthough the rest of the features in the cluster should all be present. Untill the 2011's arrive or when somebody decides to do this on a RCD-510 then we will know for sure :)

p3asa

Ready to race!
If its anything like the UK version then it is only the RNS510 that Voice Control works with. The RCD510 doesn't have this feature so I would save your money.

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed