GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Media Device Interface

David2

Hi
I have a problem playing my mp3 through the MDI, the player is a Sansa Clip+ 8gb and when plugged in via the USB cable its just not recognized. I also have an old Creative MU VO TX SE which is recognized and plays straight away. The Sansa and the MDI both have the latest firmware updates and the file format is WMA not protected. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

MadRabbit1

Ready to race!
I had an issue yesterday hooking up my portable hard drive thru the mdi/usb cable. Turns out there is some autorun files on these things that if not deleted from the drive will not allow it to load and run the mps files. Wonder if your Sansa has an autorun file or something that is causing it to hang up. try to explore your sansa as a drive and check. Once i removed the autorun files, perfect and now have a 500gb hard drive to play thru my stero. Good luck

David2

It didn't have any autorun files but it did have 9 other folders which I removed and stored in another folder and it worked first time, I guess the MDI was confused about what folder to use? Thanks alot for your help