GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

quality_sound

hmm.......
I checked it again and it is all gone. There wasn't any on the bottom when it was there either, just the top and it was less that a mm so maybe that's where the seal is. Next time I wash it I just won't use as much water on the back, I kind of used a lot this time to make sure there weren't any leaks.

It might have actually been trapped between the bottom of the housing and the body and only looked like it was in the lens.

I broke one of the strings that pull up the hatch cover when you open the back. Can I just go to the dealer and get one of these, or is it like you have to buy a small French fry to use the restroom a McDonald's? I can't wait 5000 more miles for my service, it's driving me nuts to put groceries in there without it.

You're buying a whole new cover.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
I broke one of the strings that pull up the hatch cover when you open the back. Can I just go to the dealer and get one of these, or is it like you have to buy a small French fry to use the restroom a McDonald's? I can't wait 5000 more miles for my service, it's driving me nuts to put groceries in there without it.

Yes, you can just purchase the string. You do not need a whole new cover:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES322198/

OEM part #1K6863447A9B9

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion

See if they will warranty it.

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
Two more stupid questions!

I have halogen headlights and my LED taillights don't have fogs. Would there be a point in getting a euro switch?

Also if I were to upgrade my headlights to Xenons with out LEDs would I have to upgrade to a highline CECM? I thought you only needed highline if you wanted the LED DRLs but I am second guessing this.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Yes, you can just purchase the string. You do not need a whole new cover:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES322198/

OEM part #1K6863447A9B9

Ha! Awesome! Thanks! Stupid question thread comes through for me!

Still $16 + SH for a piece of nylon. Ugh. Maybe they'll warranty it if I take it in. I dunno, though. My car is pretty modded, perhaps that affected the hatch string and they will deny my claim outright.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion

I have halogen headlights and my LED taillights don't have fogs. Would there be a point in getting a euro switch?

Also if I were to upgrade my headlights to Xenons with out LEDs would I have to upgrade to a highline CECM? I thought you only needed highline if you wanted the LED DRLs but I am second guessing this.

You can use euro switch to control fogs if you want.

Halogens to rep Xenons, no.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45469

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Don't hate on VW warranty in general, it all depends on the dealer! My dealer is amazing, they fixed my car under warranty when my Water/Meth kit blew the circuit that controls my fuel injectors and fans... and they knew that my kit was the cause, and even helped me find a new location to wire it to! :D

My questions is- Do you guys ever find your cruise control function freezing up (not letting you control it) like once a month? Maybe has to do with my APR map-switching functions

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Euro switch will allow to run your parking lights or fog lights without the headlights

If you are looking to get OEM HIDs you will need the highline CECM.

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
Euro switch will allow to run your parking lights or fog lights without the headlights

If you are looking to get OEM HIDs you will need the highline CECM.

Damn it. I really don't want to buy a highline. Guess it's either stay halogen or get reps. :(

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Damn it. I really don't want to buy a highline. Guess it's either stay halogen or get reps. :(

I can't speak from personal experience since I have OEM HIDs, but if I had halogens, Ed's reps seems to be your best bet unless you're willing to spend big $$$$.

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
My stupid question:

If I purchase a new rim/snow tire combo ready to mount..is it as easy as just removing my rims and throwing on the new ones? I'm aware of the TPMS sensor. Can I just use the wrench provided with my spare? (I have no experience with putting on new rims or rotating tires, I have however changed flats many times on other vehicles)

That aside..my question is: Do I need an alignment after I mount my new rims?

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
My stupid question:

If I purchase a new rim/snow tire combo ready to mount..is it as easy as just removing my rims and throwing on the new ones? I'm aware of the TPMS sensor. Can I just use the wrench provided with my spare? (I have no experience with putting on new rims or rotating tires, I have however changed flats many times on other vehicles)

That aside..my question is: Do I need an alignment after I mount my new rims?

If you staying within OEM sizes, I dont see an alignment is necessary. Can never hurt though.