GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Joying branded Android Head unit installed

6MTCSG

Banned
I mean I can follow instructions and I have rooted/unlocked my iphone 4 and other android before, just not the most up to date stuff. Also haven't been paying attention to the updates and have no clue what some lingo means.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
I mean I can follow instructions and I have rooted/unlocked my iphone 4 and other android before, just not the most up to date stuff. Also haven't been paying attention to the updates and have no clue what some lingo means.

You should be fine then.... Rooting really is the simplest thing you'll ever do, with just typing in that password. We can point you to the apps you'd want to install and the few "must do" tweaks...

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
umm... in english? Sorry electronics ain't my thing

All that extra stuff I was talking about is why I love Android, the ability to totally customize everything. By using an alternative launcher (Nova Launcher, same thing I use on my phone), I can have multiple home pages set up. I have the main page set up with a Torque boost gauge right on the screen, a widget for my audiobook player, and a few important shortcuts like Waze, Google Maps, etc. If I swipe left and go to the next home screen, I have that one set up exactly the same, except instead of the audiobook player I have Google Play Music set up. Swipe left again, and it's the same screen again, but now it's a large Poweramp widget. I can still get to all the other apps with one button, but the things I use frequently in the car are one touch away and nice and large. Better yet, I don't have to keep switching between applications, as the widgets keep the stuff right on the home screen.

You don't HAVE to do any of this stuff to use the head unit, but if you're not going to tweak it and make it better, it might be disappointing. If you are willing to spend a little time installing apps, tweaking the sound, wiring up cameras, etc, then it's a lot of bang for the buck...

Screwby25

Ready to race!
All that extra stuff I was talking about is why I love Android, the ability to totally customize everything. By using an alternative launcher (Nova Launcher, same thing I use on my phone), I can have multiple home pages set up. I have the main page set up with a Torque boost gauge right on the screen, a widget for my audiobook player, and a few important shortcuts like Waze, Google Maps, etc. If I swipe left and go to the next home screen, I have that one set up exactly the same, except instead of the audiobook player I have Google Play Music set up. Swipe left again, and it's the same screen again, but now it's a large Poweramp widget. I can still get to all the other apps with one button, but the things I use frequently in the car are one touch away and nice and large. Better yet, I don't have to keep switching between applications, as the widgets keep the stuff right on the home screen.

You don't HAVE to do any of this stuff to use the head unit, but if you're not going to tweak it and make it better, it might be disappointing. If you are willing to spend a little time installing apps, tweaking the sound, wiring up cameras, etc, then it's a lot of bang for the buck...
You have a bt wireless obd2 dongle for the torque app?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

doctorman

Banned
Definitely interested in these stereos. I would like to run vagcom via bluetooth/wifi and datalog with my radio. That would be awesome.

If you need any help ordering the Joying Head units drop me a pm.

Malaysk ROM has improved big time since few months back... If you get one of these units I highly recommend you check it out on XDA.

Also I wanted to say hi to the forum members here. I am in New York and work directly with Joying so I can get you the best service and price on Joying head units in USA.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
If you need any help ordering the Joying Head units drop me a pm.

Malaysk ROM has improved big time since few months back... If you get one of these units I highly recommend you check it out on XDA.

Also I wanted to say hi to the forum members here. I am in New York and work directly with Joying so I can get you the best service and price on Joying head units in USA.
Good to know! Perhaps you could set up groupbuys through the admins. I'm sure people would be interested including me

Elpatii

Very much this. I've been tweaking Androids for about as long as they've existed and this one is pretty shit out of the box. I'd hate it if it werent customization and I spent 2-3 days just to get it usable, but there's still a few tweaks that need to be made.

The Malaysk rom isnt bad with the stock launcher. The NEXT launcher he includes on one of the roms is terrible though. I'm using it mostly because it came preloaded with all the stuff that you need to make necessary changes, and it seems to be the most supported.

Hi!

I'm interested to buy a Joying autoradio with Android 5.1 inside. I've just a question concerning the MFD.
I use almost of the time the MFD to display digital speedometer, instant consumption, and temperature of the motor oil. In fact, all the function of the MFD concerning the vehicle (hardly ever the function concerning the OEM autoradio like maps, music, contact, etc.).
You say that with the Joying autoradio, you lose some function of the MFD, but can this function above continue to work with a Joying autoradio?

My car is a Tiguan, not a Golf, but I think it's the same system..

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Bringing this thread back from the dead! I am looking into getting one of these and have two questions I was hoping you could help me with. How exactly do I hook up the obd2 to show the boost? The other question is regarding music, ShrekSquatch you said you use Poweramp installed on the headunit - are you using it to play the music you have stored on the headunit, or is there a way to get the thing to stream from your phone via Bluetooth through Poweramp?

Cheers!