GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake pads?

eyedeas

Ready to race!
So I'm starting to hear a slight squeak coming from my pads. Gonna need to buy very soon.
Do any of you have a recommendation for pads? I'd like to get something a little more sporty than OEM....

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just had new pads installed at the same time as stoptech rotors. The pads were WBR ceramics in the front and textars in the rear. I was gonna go with stoptech pads initially, but I talked to my mechanic before I ordered them and he recommended the WBR/textar pads.

I've only got about 300 miles on them so far, but they feel great. They feel nice and smooth with a good pedal feel. They're really quiet and don't make a single sound. My old brakes were a little squeaky when they were cold, but that's completely gone now. The stopping power feels good. I was told the brake dust shouldn't be bad with these too.

So far I'm happy with them. They fit my needs well.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
So I'm starting to hear a slight squeak coming from my pads. Gonna need to buy very soon.
Do any of you have a recommendation for pads? I'd like to get something a little more sporty than OEM....

Stoptech :thumbsup:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Hey I have a question and I won't make a new thread for it, it's useless.

I would like to know if the Stoptech Street performance front brake pad comes with a wear sensor cable ? I know the Hawk HPS come with a wear sensor, is it the same for the stoptech ?

Also I'm planning to buy stainless brake lines but it seems that there is 2 version, Bosch and non-bosch, I got a 2010 2.5L, do I have Bosch caliper or non-bosch caliper ?

Thanks you and have a nice day,
Kind regards.