GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 05-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #1
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
The Official Road Rage Story Thread

The Cool Story Bro Thread has been inundated with stories of valor, honor, toughness and badassery in road rage incidents. Since, on golfmk6.com, we are always accepting of accounts where an MK6bro asserts dominance, be it with KO3 powa, tech-9's, whey or Golf-R front bumper conversions, it was decided that a thread should be dedicated as such.

If you have an epic road rage incident, or even a minor one, post it here, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #2
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Subbed for RAGE
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Nobody?
Quote:
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
Old 05-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #4
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
My only near rage incident occurred in the parking garage at the hospital just after my first wife died. I'm sitting there and trying to get it together so I can drive home and wait for the funeral home to call me and some jack hole is honking his horn and blurting out profanities because he wants my spot. That is the only time in my life where I was overcome with blind rage and wanted to smash someone's head into oblivion for being a POS.

Lucky for me, I was on the phone with a family member who convinced me to just drive home rather than get out of the car to have a conversation with Mr. Jack Hole.

That is the thing about these incidents. One just never knows what the other is going through.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #5
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Ugh that's heavy man. Hope you're doing well these days.
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
Old 05-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that man. I totally understand though. I generally try not to jump down people's throats too quick as well, because like you said, you really never know what they're dealing with. Its so easy to do though.
Quote:
Old 05-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

I'll add a story. So i'm driving into downtown with one of my buddies in the car, who is a little crazy I will admit. Some jackass in what I think was a black camry (this was 5-6 years ago) is just riding my tail for miles and miles.... I tapped my brakes (it was not a brake check, just flashed my tail lights) and he thought I was starting to break hard. So he swerves off into the shoulder and almost wrecks.

Then we approach what I guess was his exit. He rips past and gets up next to us and rolls down his window. Start screaming all kinds of dumb shit FROM THE EXIT LANE AS IT CURVES AWAY FROM THE HIGHWAY, "you crazy stupid asssholes, what the fuck are you doing" blah blah blah. My friend and i are laughing to the point of tears. we can STILL hear this dude yelling even thought the exit ramp dropped down a hill & we couldnt even see him anymore. Then my friend rolls down the window again, I did say he was crazy, and yells "GO SUCK YOUR MOM'S TITS."

That was hilarious. We didn't even do anything. He shouldn't have been tailing me. But that being said, there are crazies on the road and it is probably best to just let things go.
Quote:

Last edited by TSI_mr.niceguy; 05-02-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksabuser View Post
Ugh that's heavy man. Hope you're doing well these days.
Thanks. I'm doing better these days but that is something that one never truly gets over, despite what anyone says. Time just makes it easier to deal with.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #9
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
I'll add a story. So i'm driving into downtown with one of my buddies in the car, who is a little crazy I will admit. Some jackass in what I think was a black camry (this was 5-6 years ago) is just riding my tail for miles and miles.... I tapped my brakes (it was not a brake check, just flashed my tail lights) and he thought I was starting to break hard. So he swerves off into the shoulder and almost wrecks.

Then we approach what I guess was his exit. He rips past and gets up next to us and rolls down his window. Start screaming all kinds of dumb shit FROM THE EXIT LANE AS IT CURVES AWAY FROM THE HIGHWAY, "you crazy stupid asssholes, what the fuck are you doing" blah blah blah. My friend and i are laughing to the point of tears. we can STILL hear this dude yelling even thought the exit ramp dropped down a hill & we couldnt even see him anymore. Then my friend rolls down the window again, I did say he was crazy, and yells "GO SUCK YOUR MOM'S TITS."

That was hilarious. We didn't even do anything. He shouldn't have been tailing me. But that being said, there are crazies on the road and it is probably best to just let things go.
Tailgating has to be like the 8th deadly sin or something... pain in the behind, literally.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #10
BigDezzy
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 MKVI GTI 6MT
In my youth, I'd get so pissed off by slow driving senior citizens that I would honk them off the road (to the shoulder). You could usually tell they were old as shit when you honked the first time... they'd flinch and the car would swerve side to side a bit. If that didn't coax them into driving the speed limit, I'd keep honking. Eventually, they'd pull over and I'd go around them.

I don't do it anymore... I just yell in my car and blame their shitty children for not taking care of them.
BigDezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #11
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDezzy View Post
In my youth, I'd get so pissed off by slow driving senior citizens that I would honk them off the road (to the shoulder). You could usually tell they were old as shit when you honked the first time... they'd flinch and the car would swerve side to side a bit. If that didn't coax them into driving the speed limit, I'd keep honking. Eventually, they'd pull over and I'd go around them.

I don't do it anymore... I just yell in my car and blame their shitty children for not taking care of them.

Lol. Old folk can be frustrating for sure.
Quote:
Old 05-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #12
LargeMargeSentMe
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI
subscribed for the rage...
Old 05-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #13
LargeMargeSentMe
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI
@ChrisB I hope everyone reads your post my friend.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
SyDiko
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
I'm from Boston, MA and currently live about 20 miles south of the city.

I'll be writing in this thread every damn day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
Then my friend rolls down the window again, I did say he was crazy, and yells "GO SUCK YOUR MOM'S TITS."
Lol, that's crazy to you? Man, must be very nice to live where you are.
SyDiko is offline   Reply With Quote