GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 11-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #43
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Your grammar frightens me so that I lost all thought for a relevant comment to the OP.

File a report with your local PD, OP. How many neighbors do you have, is it a suburb, rural community, gated community? Set up a CCTV camera system, which are relatively cheap. Get a straight back exhaust system and a Forge BOV kit. Go for random drives down that block at 4am.
Please forgive my grammar. It was never my intention to frighten the grammar police.
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #44
dasauto0108
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW Seven CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
Do it!
I want OP's approval first. I wouldn't want him getting lots of unwanted attention that he isn't prepared for, especially if this thing blows up all over the internet.
'12 DBP 2dr 6M | GIAC Stage 2 | HS Tuning RSR | HG-Motorsport Intake | CTS DP | Magnaflow CBE | R8 Coils | S3 Short Shifter | 42DD Shifter Bushings | 42DD Bracket Bushings | Raceseng Creatür | NewSouth Boost Gauge | Interior & License Plate LEDs | GTI Seat Lever Inserts | ECS Smoked Side Markers | USP HID Fog Lights | Continental DWS
Bob LobLaw In-Training | #TeamVentPod | If in doubt, flat out
dasauto0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #45
aj_law
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
I think one childish move deserves another.

Find out which people in your neighborhood own Fords and carry out a tactical flaming-dog-poop-bag-on-the-front-porch strike with Navy Seal like precision so as to make it nearly impossible to identify who did it.
('12 4DR/TR/6MT GTI - MEMBER OF THE 120K+ MILE CLUB) WISHLIST (bolded done...lol): Performance - Unitronic Stage 1 & CAI // Unibrace UB // DG springs // H&R 26FSB/22RSB // Tyrolsport Subframe Kit ||| Cosmetic - OZ Leggera HLT // Color matched markers/lip // Black emblems/grille stripes // OEM R Tinted LED tails // Raceseng Ashiko shift knob // 30% tint // Soundaktor delete
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #46
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_law View Post
I think one childish move deserves another.

Find out which people in your neighborhood own Fords and carry out a tactical flaming-dog-poop-bag-on-the-front-porch strike with Navy Seal like precision so as to make it nearly impossible to identify who did it.
Please; did you read the letter? If he did that, every one of the Ford owners would have the same, immediate response...

"The Nazi Did It!"

VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #47
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6Growl View Post
Please; did you read the letter? If he did that, every one of the Ford owners would have the same, immediate response...

"The Nazi Did It!"

Actually, it would be a better idea to confront the person who did it face to face, perhaps with police in toe. Let him know his opinions aren't warranted or appreciated it. Let him see what he has to say then.

Seems like something a crazy mid-western house wife would do who has too much time on her hands, or a crazy old patriot stone-white beard type. Good ole' boys would likely spray paint your property with hate speech, and anyone else wouldn't give a shit.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #48
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
setup a camera pointed at your car so you can find out who it is and go pay them a visit.
this... and wash your car out in the open with some back up in the house. See who visits you and then call your boys out.

that's some straight up ignorant shite.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #49
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 SB MK6 GTI Eurodyne Stage 2
I've driven cross country twice and was amazed at how few "foreign" cars there were between California and the north east. I love this country but "American" cars are made to fall apart just so some jackass has an excuse to buy a new one. He feels good about himself and the car companies make money, its win win. Tell that guy from the Ford plant he's wasted his life and body assembling pieces of shit.
blue_mkvi_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #50
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Get in a brand new, top of the line caddy or lincoln and grab the dash or door panels with both hands. You can easily bend and creak or break it it if you wanted. Get in the basic model jetta and those same panels won't budge. That's what converted me to VW about ten years ago. Before that I was a jackass and hated them.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:49 PM   #51
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

In response get an older mustang GT for a few days, slap a loud exhaust and wake up your neighbors in the morning and see what happens.

Midwest is one of the few areas that I actually seen 20 year old Pontiac's, Old Dodge's that I don't see on the roads here anymore. The support and republican game is strong there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #52
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_mkvi_gti View Post
Get in a brand new, top of the line caddy or lincoln and grab the dash or door panels with both hands. You can easily bend and creak or break it it if you wanted. Get in the basic model jetta and those same panels won't budge. That's what converted me to VW about ten years ago. Before that I was a jackass and hated them.
Eh build quality on VWs has been at a moderate decline for years. Not sure they're as good of quality as a BMW, or Merc. That's for sure. Comparing german to german.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #53
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Eh build quality on VWs has been at a moderate decline for years. Not sure they're as good of quality as a BMW, or Merc. That's for sure. Comparing german to german.
I agree, ever since their plan to become the largest manufacturer. However there should be no comparison between the cheapest German car and what is supposed to be the best the US has to offer, but there is. Cheap German build quality > Luxury American build quality.

OP's neighbor is just an asshole.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #54
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Sucks you have to deal with that in your own neighborhood. I'd be furious.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #55
ShrekSquatch
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2016 Oryx White Golf R DSG w/DAP
Spend every weekend slowly and lasciviously washing your VW(s) while wearing incredibly inappropriate denim short-shorts, a knotted button up shirt, weird pigtails and crazy ass makeup. Make sure the shirt has a Ford logo on the back. Take frequent long pauses to stare at the suspected neighbor's houses while yelling Heil Henry! That should get them to come out and fess up, one way or another.

Disclaimer: I grew up in Michigan, and I own both a VW and a Ford. And I do NOT wash my vehicles in the aforementioned fashion.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #56
nevekd128
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: sf muni
proper response....
trim hedges to make a vw emblem