GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 11-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #57
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkulhanc134 View Post
In response get an older mustang GT for a few days, slap a loud exhaust and wake up your neighbors in the morning and see what happens.
EFF that... Do headers out the fenders instead.

Granted, in 2011, when I purchased my 2012 WRX, I had some tool with his 2010 Camaro SS giving me ish about not buying MuriKKKan. I asked him to explain how his car, that happened to be assembled in Canada, was supporting America. He kept trying to argue that I was wrong, and his car was MuriKKKan. My retort was that his car was American in name only, assembled in Canada. Look in the corner, it says right here... I'm afraid I blew his fragile little ego.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #58
BuiltforSin
Oval Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
So is this going on Jalopnik or what?
BuiltforSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #59
dasauto0108
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW Seven CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
So is this going on Jalopnik or what?

I haven't contacted them yet. I'm waiting for the go-ahead from OP first, and even if I do reach out to them, there's no guarantee that they'll make a story out of it.

Sent from my iHipster
'12 DBP 2dr 6M | GIAC Stage 2 | HS Tuning RSR | HG-Motorsport Intake | CTS DP | Magnaflow CBE | R8 Coils | S3 Short Shifter | 42DD Shifter Bushings | 42DD Bracket Bushings | Raceseng Creatür | NewSouth Boost Gauge | Interior & License Plate LEDs | GTI Seat Lever Inserts | ECS Smoked Side Markers | USP HID Fog Lights | Continental DWS
Bob LobLaw In-Training | #TeamVentPod | If in doubt, flat out
dasauto0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #60
Philimon
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Probably kids trolling. What man would do this? Unless rednecks... And in that case you're effed.

Anyways, my bet is kids/teens who are the children or relatives of local ford employees. Why else would they care?

Tell your good neighbors about it. Maybe they know.
Philimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #61
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
This sucks but at least you stand out I bet. On the block I live in there are only 3 foreign/German cars. It's my cousins E90, my GTI, and a neighbors MK4 GTI. The rest are American brand cars and Japanese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #62
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 SB MK6 GTI Eurodyne Stage 2
Quote:
What man would do this?
An old man. A crotchety old man
blue_mkvi_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #63
mophisto
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Shadow Blue GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillet View Post
Spend every weekend slowly and lasciviously washing your VW(s) while wearing incredibly inappropriate denim short-shorts, a knotted button up shirt, weird pigtails and crazy ass makeup. Make sure the shirt has a Ford logo on the back. Take frequent long pauses to stare at the suspected neighbor's houses while yelling Heil Henry! That should get them to come out and fess up, one way or another.

Disclaimer: I grew up in Michigan, and I own both a VW and a Ford. And I do NOT wash my vehicles in the aforementioned fashion.
Be sure to blast the Scorpions while doing it. That should get the point across.
mophisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #64
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Z4M, GTI
Use an American flag to dry your car. Then ball it up and throw it in the dumpster when you're done.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #65
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
That's too far. You'll get beaten for desecrating the flag, regardless of what you drive. Poop in a bag and send it to your congressman, that's ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #66
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
I'm sure the idiot who sent you that letter has "MADE IN USA" products throughout his house. For example, TVs, clothes, refrigerator, etc.....all made in China.
This was my thought exactly.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #67
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
That's too far. You'll get beaten for desecrating the flag, regardless of what you drive. Poop in a bag and send it to your congressman, that's ok.
Yeah i agree using the Flag is to far.... Permanatly un-fu** yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #68
Gtiphil
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 11 gti, apr stg 2, stg 3 clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
bet guy who wrote the letter doesn't know most fords are built in Mexico.
Dont forget some are china as well. Many foreign cars are made in 'murica

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Gtiphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #69
Philimon
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Whoever did it is a troll or idiot. Either way you can't win.

Since this is a car forum, I think we all know that car companies manufacture all over the world and help those local economies or rob local economies by building elsewhere, depending on your perspective. Ford is the same in this respect, except they are special because they embrace their all American image like it's true.

I think maybe it was a decade ago, but the most American car at the time was the Cadillac CTS, which was composed of 51% American sourced parts or something like that ... Here is a more recent simple article describing some auto's actual Americanness and benefits to our economy.:
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2...american-cars/
Philimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:44 AM   #70
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Alright....so I've gotten up to speed here.

1. I don't care if anyone shares this or whatever to outside sources

2. The cars are always garaged, so I don't see them being vandalized (hopefully). This is our 5th new VW in the 2.5 years we've been there.

3. I THOUGHT it was the guy across the street with 2 Ford cars...an Edge and a 2005-ish V6 Mustang.
BUT after talking with my neighbor....I'm more inclined to believe it may be the single older LADY across the street.
She moved in right after us, but apparently she's a Ford employee.

Although it did sound like a #becauseAmerica kind of guy though.

It has to be someone that could see me washing the cars in the driveway, is the key part.

4. Not everyone drives American cars in our sub, so that part I don't understand either. A lot of domestic cars, yes. 100% all Fords or anything, nope.

5. Thanks for everyone trying to stalk me. I don't really care, because many people have been to my house for installs anyways....but just sayin'

6. On that note too....NO this wasn't a dealership, it's the name of the subdivision. Not gated or anything crazy like that. Just suburbia homes built in the 1960's.

7. Yes, the Passat is built in America. Apparently they knew everything about VW, except that fun fact. So that doesn't make much sense.

8. True "enthusiast" don't care what kind of car you drive. If you like cars, you like cars.

9. My wife is/was probably more pissed than I am and wanted to do something in response, but that doesn't make sense to do. So I'm not stooping to that level.
Life will go on as normal instead

10. She told her sister about this and I guess she notified the police, without me knowing. Not sure what that does, but I guess in case something happens in the future (God forbid)

11. Supposedly the Toyota Camry is the most American built/sourced car, someone told me (not sure if 100% true though)