GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Two-Piece OEM Caliper Big Brake Kit

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
The answer is no, Shane.

Reason being our bracket is used to relocate the OEM caliper to match our rotor. The Porsche caliper uses a different bracket all together. You could purchase the kit and have your own brackets made to adapt a Porsche caliper ... but that is at your own discretion.

Contact Dub Addiction and they'll get you squared away! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

shane_in_oz

The answer is no, Shane.

Reason being our bracket is used to relocate the OEM caliper to match our rotor. The Porsche caliper uses a different bracket all together. You could purchase the kit and have your own brackets made to adapt a Porsche caliper ... but that is at your own discretion.

Contact Dub Addiction and they'll get you squared away! :thumbsup:
what I mean is could I the Porsche caliper adapter on your adapter

thez99

Go Kart Champion
what I mean is could I the Porsche caliper adapter on your adapter

What he means is no. I already asked this as did several others. The bracket has to be exactly precise to use with that exact caliper/rotor setup otherwise it will not fit correctly. The porsche bracket is for a diff rotor, diff hat, diff size caliper, etc.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
I dont know all the little technical fitment bullshit, all I know is they designed the kit, if they say it wont work without a custom bracket, I'd be sure to trust them rather than buy it for that purpose and find out ur fucked :iono:

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Thanks for the input thez, couldn't have said it better.

I appreciate the questions, Shane. To clarify a bit more - forget about similarities of the caliper brackets. Our rotor is not inline an OEM GTI rotor, our hat design has a little different offset than stock. Thus why any other bracket will not work :thumbsup:

Last edited:

shane_in_oz

Thanks for the input thez, couldn't have said it better.

I appreciate the questions, Shane. To clarify a bit more - forget about similarities of the caliper brackets. Our rotor is not inline an OEM GTI rotor, our hat design has a little different offset than stock. Thus why any other bracket will not work :thumbsup:

ok thanks for that now I understand what is going on...cheers

erikras

Ready to race!
Any issues running the TyrolSport caliper bushings with the SPM brackets and rotors?

Also, anywhere to get a pair of rear stainless lines for the stock brakes? I'd hate to buy a full set just to get the rears since the SPM kit includes the fronts.

Fat fingered my touchscreen device. I cannot be held accountable for any typos!

thez99

Go Kart Champion

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
TyrolSport bushings would be a-okay.

For rear lines ... aside from the ECS link provided above ... check Goodridge for OEM apps as well.

erikras

Ready to race!
Any updated feedback from those of you who are running this kit? I need to do something with my brakes before my first track day of the season in May.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Any updated feedback from those of you who are running this kit? I need to do something with my brakes before my first track day of the season in May.

Don't get it. Period. I don't feel like getting into the details, I've posted them elsewhere as is anyways so..

erikras

Ready to race!
Don't get it. Period. I don't feel like getting into the details, I've posted them elsewhere as is anyways so..

Thanks for the reply. I did see your comments in the review thread. I'm not discrediting your experience at all, however, you seem to be the only one on this forum who has had a major issue.