GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Golf R or MK7 GTI

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Made a decision today. I went with the MK7. At the end of the day I got a better financing rate, and it's going to cost me less per month for my payment and less per month on gas. I picked up a 2015 GTI SE, 2 door manual in black. Sunroof, fender audio, and leather interior. I couldn't be more happier with the car. I personally feel that it drives better than the Golf R. It feels more tighter and more responsive when it comes to turning.

-Thanks for everybody's help. It was a really hard decision to make, but I'm glad I went with the MK7.

4th totaled mk6er going to mk7, including myself, welcome to the club

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Congrats Mike!

-Can you get the PP on the SE trim ?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Made a decision today. I went with the MK7. At the end of the day I got a better financing rate, and it's going to cost me less per month for my payment and less per month on gas. I picked up a 2015 GTI SE, 2 door manual in black. Sunroof, fender audio, and leather interior. I couldn't be more happier with the car. I personally feel that it drives better than the Golf R. It feels more tighter and more responsive when it comes to turning.

-Thanks for everybody's help. It was a really hard decision to make, but I'm glad I went with the MK7.

Can't fault you here. What final deal did they give you?

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Very nice!

PICSSSS

Thanks! pictures will be coming soon.

4th totaled mk6er going to mk7, including myself, welcome to the club

Thanks! After 4 weeks, it feels good to be back in a VW.
Congrats Mike!

-Can you get the PP on the SE trim ?
Not sure on this. My assumption is no.
Can't fault you here. What final deal did they give you?

The original price of the car was $29,980. They had it on sale for $27,980. I only got a couple hundred off of that. I looked around to see what others were paying for their SE with the lighting package and it seems like I got a good deal. Definitely happy with my purchase.

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
I'll be making the jump in the opposite direction. Probably going to trade in my truck and my MK5 for a 4-door MK6 R and make comparisons. I know the gas mileage isn't "great" but I want AWD, K04 and bigger brakes.

JonnysChillCousin

Ready to race!
are you gonna mod?

get mk6 R.

Mk7 is too new, and too much of an investment to have it blow up on you if you plan to mod like you did with your previous mk6s 2.5/gti.

R looks gorgeous and you know it's limits.

edit: You got the mk7, congrats, but good luck with tuning a car that already had recalls, blown turbo's and many more issues to come. welcome mk5 fsi aka mk6 is the car you everyone shoulda got, now mk8 R is what I would get instead of mk7 R.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
are you gonna mod?

get mk6 R.

Mk7 is too new, and too much of an investment to have it blow up on you if you plan to mod like you did with your previous mk6s 2.5/gti.

R looks gorgeous and you know it's limits.

edit: You got the mk7, congrats, but good luck with tuning a car that already had recalls, blown turbo's and many more issues to come. welcome mk5 fsi aka mk6 is the car you everyone shoulda got, now mk8 R is what I would get instead of mk7 R.

Thanks, man. Couldn't be happier with my decision. Unfortunately every car has its issues, but thanks for your concern. Good luck with your mk8 R. I heard that it's suppose to never have a single issue.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm waiting for mk9 rrr

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! After 4 weeks, it feels good to be back in a VW.

couldn't agree more, when i was searching for cars for 2 weeks i drove around in this :barf:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Nice!! I seen a White one yesterday on some black wheels, dark tint, lowered, and with an exhaust. Looked reeeealllly good.
GL! I'll be in the mk7 boat soon. Lets see how it does in the track. :)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
nice ride :)

PuYang

Ready to race!
Oh damn, BLACK MK7 is actually quite a looker.

Since I own a white mk6, I've only really payed attention to White MK7s and always found them to look uglier than MK6.

But your Black mk7 looks surprisingly sexy ;o

Congrats! I still woulda went with the R though! >:[