GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Service Now" Warning

1FUN GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there a way to turn off the "Service Now" Warning in the MFD display? I do have VAGCOM if that is the only way to dismiss it, but still need info on how to do it with VAGCOM. And is the warning for oil change or some other scheduled maintenance?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Is there a way to turn off the "Service Now" Warning in the MFD display? I do have VAGCOM if that is the only way to dismiss it, but still need info on how to do it with VAGCOM. And is the warning for oil change or some other scheduled maintenance?

How many miles do you have on the car?

1FUN GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
How many miles do you have on the car?

It started at around 37,500. This was also almost exactly at the VW dealers "change oil at 37,500 miles" windshield sticker after my last oil change.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
It started at around 37,500. This was also almost exactly at the VW dealers "change oil at 37,500 miles" windshield sticker after my last oil change.

Could be the oil change, or if you have DSG there's a DSG service at 40k, but other than that you should be able to change the interval through vagcom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
You can do that through the display menu thing on the wheel...

Scroll to the main menu > Service > Reset > OK

If it's just the start up warning it just does it at whatever interval it's supposed to (10K or whatever)

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
If you go into vagcom 17 instrument click on adaption there should be some setting to turn it off or raise/decrease the interval

MissVeeDub1

Ready to race!
This "warning" serves the same purpose/function as an alarm clock. It's just a reminder for regular service.
The MFD (as mentioend above) will allow you to reset/clear it manually. VAGcom will allow you to adjust the intervals.

If your last service was around 26k/27k miles, that's why it's on now (given your dealer kept the intervals at 10k when they reset it)

1FUN GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks all! It worked! All your suggestions have been very helpful!

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
So, mine just came up, which is peculiar since I took it for service about a month ago and the guy mentioned my next service isn't up for another 10K.

Aside from wiping off the warning, is there any way to set it up again through MFD screen?

wrightwinger

Service reminder, wth

I've had my mkvi 2 years, had 3 dealer done oil changes.

Took my car on a 1week 5,000mi trip, and as soon as I came home my service reminder pops up everytime I start the car......

It's a tdi.. Says change oil in 47000 miles or 350 days..

I know how to reset it..
I think I know how to disable it via vagcom.

But what turned this on? I've never seen it prior. Is their a non vagcom way to not have it come on ever? Did the dealer enable this? Did my codriver enter a random combo of buttons? Am I on crazy pills?

PuYang

Ready to race!
Normally it would remind you like 10days or something in advance. And every time you start the car it would tell you "Service in 10 days" or whatever.

When the 10 days are up, it will say "Service Now".

Unless yours for some reason doesn't have a ~10 day reminder, you probably just didn't see it each time you started your car.

wrightwinger

Unless yours for some reason doesn't have a ~10 day reminder, you probably just didn't see it each time you started your car.[/QUOTE]

Dude,, why the insult??
I'm not some toyota driver. I bought a vw for a reason. I drive for a living. I pay attention to every detail on a car.
Trust me, this never happened prior to two weeks ago.

That's why I'm asking "how is this display activated without vagcom?" if that isn't possible, than some major trickery is going on.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
I'm about to hit the 40,000 is the dsg oil due?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie