GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHEEL OFFSET

cupracraig

Passed Driver's Ed
its a good link, i guess because the tyres that came with the wheels were almost new i'm kinda reluctant to change them. once lowered i wont really be carrying anyone in the back so scrubbing should be kept to a minimum, i can then eventually change those tyres for 225 or 215 profile. Just got to see what happens when its lowered i guess

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
so here I go with two questions, should be easy for you guy you seem pretty knowledgable, I am currently running stock serrons (18x7.5 ET51) on 225/40/18 tires with 10mm front spacers and 12mm rear spacers. Love the stance but cant say the same for the stock rims.

1: what I wanna know is if I find wheels with ET50 offset, will the change in offset be that noticable? how big is the change between ET51 and ET 50? not sure what offset measurements are done in.

2: and how much offset can i get away with if I remove the 10 and 12mm spacers and just go with straight offset from the rims to achieve the same track width?

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
ET 51 to 50 isnt noticeable. The wheel will be more "outward" to the fender from 51.

its all about what you want for wheels. if you want to be safe. go with anything ET45.
Ex. 18x8.5 et45 is perfect Mk6 fitment. You dont have to worry about camber. maybe just a fender screw mod or fender roll if you're low.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Alright sweet as always thanks wet money and what would the ET equivalent be if I only wanted to go 18x8, not 8.5?

Btw I have had my cts turbo tbe for a bit now, it's got a good tone, but part of me wants more grunt. Kinda wish I got the billy boat :p but hey no drone with the cts :)