GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete - The Sound

Laimface

Ready to race!
Not many good videos out there of a resonator delete under load, so I broke out the GoPro with Sony ECMCS3 mic and gave it a blast!!

Mods are:
•Stage 1 tune
•Ramair intake
•GFB DV+
•Resonator delete
•R8 Coilpacks with NGK PFR7S8EG gapped at 0.028”

AngstyPotato

sounds sweet

Jared32

Ready to race!
Is there any drone in the cabin?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Laimface

Ready to race!
Is there any drone in the cabin?

Very small amount at around 3k when on the throttle, when at part throttle it's almost stock.

My previous car had a full decat header back so I may be used to the occasional drone though.

Laimface

Ready to race!
While easy to delete, the OEM resonator prevents drone.....so when you get rid of it, yes you'll have drone

While true, you still have a turbo, 2x cats and a muffler. It'll never be as bad as an n/a decatted system hahaha

Jared32

Ready to race!
While easy to delete, the OEM resonator prevents drone.....so when you get rid of it, yes you'll have drone

Ah yea well I had considered it but I couldn't remember if I had read it droned or not. I do a lot of highway driving so I think it's probably about time for just a cat delete...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks for posting this, I was searching far and wide for more vids of this type of setup.

In my MK7 deleting the resonator did next to nothing! But with these it definitely makes a big difference it seems.

For ~50-70 bucks to run to a shop for 15 minutes this seems worth it :)

Laimface

Ready to race!
Thanks for posting this, I was searching far and wide for more vids of this type of setup.

In my MK7 deleting the resonator did next to nothing! But with these it definitely makes a big difference it seems.

For ~50-70 bucks to run to a shop for 15 minutes this seems worth it :)

You guys have it good with labour, I was charged over £100 for an hours welding including the pipe.

Everything is cheaper in the USA lol, a full tank of fuel costs me £70, which is $87 for 98 RON (I think 93AKI?)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i can fill up for like $30-40 USD 93 octane our rating.

Laimface

Ready to race!
i can fill up for like $30-40 USD 93 octane our rating.

That's crazy! Part availability is great where you are too, especially with the extended warranties you get on manifolds etc. You get none of that over here because nobody cries to lawyers which is a shame haha

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's crazy! Part availability is great where you are too, especially with the extended warranties you get on manifolds etc. You get none of that over here because nobody cries to lawyers which is a shame haha

I just put in like 12.96 USD (change from a transaction) and got 4.66 US gallons ($2.78 a gallon, technically $2.77999)

Thats basically 17.64002 liters at $0.73 a liter.

Noodle1

Ready to race!

true, however, drone tolerance is a big thing. I personally dont mind my loud ass downpipe + res. delete combo although some may thing its too loud. I find that if your on the highway my car only drones under moderate load, i think its worth it for the awesome sound

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Not many good videos out there of a resonator delete under load, so I broke out the GoPro with Sony ECMCS3 mic and gave it a blast!!

Mods are:
•Stage 1 tune
•Ramair intake
•GFB DV+
•Resonator delete
•R8 Coilpacks with NGK PFR7S8EG gapped at 0.028”

Sounds awesome!

Now get some cherry red euro led tails for that thing!