GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is this part?

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Was this a service bulletin? I thought I remember reading that.

I'm going to my dealer to get the new water pump installed on Saturday, I wonder if they'll hook me up with the clip.

Hey is your pump leaking? Or are you just getting it done as a service recall?
I had my 2nd pump replaced with revision BG 8000 miles ago. Curious if they have another revision from the BG.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hey is your pump leaking? Or are you just getting it done as a service recall?

I had my 2nd pump replaced with revision BG 8000 miles ago. Curious if they have another revision from the BG.

No, it's not leaking.

I just want to get it swapped out. My first one went it right when I got home from Big SoCal Euro last year, so I'm just doing this as a precaution.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I have the clip. I found it just laying on the subframe. Either it fell off or it was just left there. So I wonder if they started installing them on cars during PDI. But I've had that stupid rattle since the day I bought the car new.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
So it was a service bulletin?? if i take it to VW they will give me one?? or install it for me?? or did i understand that wrong? If anyone has an extra clip and wants to get rid of PM me! :) Also, can someone post the website you put your VIN into to see if your lpfp is recalled??

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
So I just installed the clip. What a pain in the ass. I guess if the car is on a lift, it's easier. But on jack stand and laying on the ground, it is no way as easy as the video made it to be. After a long struggle and nearly ripping my forearm off, it's on. Will drive later after I get cleaned up.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
So after some driving today, I can say the clip eliminated virtually most, if not all, of the rattle noise I have been getting from 2500 to 3500 rpm. Totally worth burning my arm installing this.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, in the video, the guy says it is not a VW approved fix. But my clip was on the car and has the Audi logo on it. I don't know if it was ever attached, because I've heard the rattle since the day I bought the car :iono:

I'm the guy in the video. The wording is simply because I was posting that as a car guy who wanted people to know how to get rid of the rattle, not as an employee of Volkswagen. VW paid us 24 minutes to install the clip, I wanted it to stay that way.