GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

zVp

Go Kart Champion

zVp

Go Kart Champion
VCDS Modifications
If you have any requests to show instructions to do a particular tweak, let me know and I can do one similar to the ones below.

Convenience Settings

MFA Menus
DRL MFA Menu
Horn Confirmation when Locking MFA Menu
Mirror Adjust MFA Menu
Coming/Leaving Home MFA Menu

Comfort Settings
Comfort Closing/Opening via Remote Control
Comfort Turning Signal
Steering Wheel Push-To-Talk Button
Driver Seat Heating Memory Retention

Wiper Settings
Automatic Rear Window Wiping with Reverse Gear Disabled
Tear Drop Wiping for Front Window
Tear Drop Wiping for Rear Window
Disable Rear Wiper

Navigation/Radio Settings
Navigation Input Speed Threshold
Changing Themes on RNS-510

Lighting Settings

Fog Lights Settings
Fogs as DRLs for Xenon-equipped Vehicles
Fogs as DRLs for Halogen-equipped Vehicles
Fog Lights active with High Beams active
Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights

Other Settings
DRL Inactive when Turn Signal Active
Emergency Brake Flashing via Brake Lights/Turn Signals Active
All Lights Shut Off When Turning Off Vehicle

Brake and Electronic Assist Programs Settings

Electronic Assist Programs Settings
XDS and Brake Assist Settings
Hill Hold Control (HHC) Settings
Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings
Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings (different from Dynamic Steering Recommendation)
Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)
Disable Electronic Stability Program (ESP)

TPMS and Others
Disable Hill Hold Control (HHC)
Enable/Disable Indirect Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Disable Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Other (Maintenance, Miscellaneous and etc.)

Maintenance Settings
LED Tail-lights Coding & Error Clearing
Adjusting Bi-Xenons Headlights Range/Level
DSG Reset and Calibration
Time to Service Interval Change
Mileage to Service Interval Change

Miscellaneous Settings

Staging/Gauge Sweep
Changing Instrument to Rest of World (RoW)
Seat-Belt Chime and Light Disabled

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
OEM LED Tail Lights
Used http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog. as a reference for installation

First mod! Got them from one of the group buys set up by lodi. A bit pricey, but oh so good looking! Installation was a cinch.

Random picture

Before picture (excuse the dust)

Lights in the trunk; laptop with reference page on the side

After picture (excuse the dust); so much better!

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
First Detail

This is a review from the detailingbliss.com forums I wrote on the detailing services I received from boostedmk6. This is one of the first things I did on this car, plus get some pointers on how to properly take care of a car's paint. I would recommend him to anyone in the GTA area!

This isn't my work (I wish it was, but eventually I'll try to get to this caliber). I just wanted to show off my car and the great work by a fellow member at this forum.

I got my car detailed by boostedmk6 last Friday in the cold, Canadian weather (no snow yet!). He showed me each step on how he does his work, what products he uses, the pros and cons to certain methods/products and gave me some hints and pointers.Unfortunately, I'm not too sure which products he used on my car, but I'm quite sure they are of high quality.

As you can see from the pics, the car turned out great. My car was filthy (guess that's what you get for having a black car) and after everything, the car was spotless and better than what the dealership gave me. He even went over it twice to make sure nothing was missed. Awesome attention to detail!

I would recommend boostedmk6 to anyone in the GTA area (and even further if you're willing). He does a great job, a down to earth guy, extremely helpful and is very, very professional. You won't be disappointed!

Products used (from my memory, or lack of)
Duragloss 901
2 Bucket Method + Grit Guards
Microfibre Chenille Mitt
Race Glaze Brushes
Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner (diluted)
Riccardo Yellow Clay (not sure what kind of lubricant used)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Stoner's Invisible Glass Cleaner
Poorboy's Trim Restore
Poorboy's Bold N Bright Tire Dressing

Click to enlarge!

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Detailing Session

Unfortunately, no before pictures.

1 car garage is terri-bad to work in; but do-able. Need to fix light bulb on the garage door opener, lols. Also, need some halogen work lights. Anyone got any recommendations?

Products Used

Waffle Weave Towels
Cookie Monster Microfiber Cloths
2 Bucket Wash with Grit Guards
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
Optimum Metal Polish
Optimum Power Cleaner (10:1 dilution for spot cleaning, 3:1 dilution for engine bay + wheels)

Porter Cable 7424xp Buffer & Polisher
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Bluetooth Module Styrofoam to Plastic/Metal Bracket Installation

Required Parts
These are the parts required for this DIY:
3CO-919-935-A = metal bracket (1 required)
1KO-971-813-C-9B9 = plastic cover (1 required)

These are required to mount the module to the metal bracket:
N-909-446-03 = bolt (3 required)
N-100-173-04 = nut (3 required)

These are required to mount the metal bracket to the floor:
N-908-170-03 = screw (2 required)
N-909-460-01 = plastic clip (2 required)

Thank you Brendan from Bramgate VW for the parts!

Ugly-ass Styrofoam. Ghetto!

Take that sucka off the floor.

Take the module out of the Styrofoam.

Unhook the cable from the module and attach the module to the metal bracket using the nuts and screws. I install the nuts and screws backwards since that way, it would sit on the floor better. I don't think this will make a difference later on.

See these holes on the floor?

Take these plastic suckas

and insert them into the hole.

Take the screw and screw it into the side.

Put the cover over the bracket. It should hook on from the bottom so it doesn't jiggle around.

Caution: Disconnecting the bluetooth module will give you fault codes in 19: CAN Gateway.
Just clear it the fault codes using VCDS and all is good!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
LED DRL Dim when Turn Signal Active
Thanks to CrzyP at http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ing-tweaks&p=75668102&viewfull=1#post75668102

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Changing Instrument to Rest of World (RoW)

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 17-Instruments button

Click on Coding- 07 button

Click on the Long Coding Helper button

In Byte 0 under Bit 4-7, click the drop-down menu and select 10 Country: Rest of World (RoW)

Save your settings.

NOTE: This will change some things such as chime when door is open, light sensor sensitivity and others to non-USA/Canada requirements/recommendations. I am not sure what they are, so please use caution.

Things I've noticed on my 2012 Canadian Spec GTI is the following:
1) When you forget to turn off your lights when your key is out of the ignition and the door is open, it only chimes 4-5 times or so and there is no more chime. The default is the chime is continuous until you shut off the lights.

2) The RNS-510 system does not shut off when you turn off the car with the keys still in the ignition. This will not work with the RNS-315 since it is controlled by another module, I believe.

3) The light sensor sensitivity is greater than default. I am not sure if this is a placebo effect or not, but it is something I've noticed.

Changing DRL Inactive when Turn Signal Active

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Click on Byte 15 and check mark Bit 3 - Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) inactive when Turn Signal active

NOTE: Your LED DRLs will dim when the turn signal is active and turn back to full brightness when turn signals are inactive. However, this will not work if you are on parking lights mode (since during parking light mode, the LED DRLs dim anyway).

Last edited:

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Looks like my OCD has rubbed off on you Mike!

For lighting I would go with some 4 foot t8 fixtures on the ceiling. The tripod style halogen work lights are good too but consume a lot of energy and get super hot. One would be good to have though.

P.S I don't think the led tails look good on your car. I think you should just sell them to me for cheap and use the money to buy more detailing supplies.:lol:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Looks like my OCD has rubbed off on you Mike!

For lighting I would go with some 4 foot t8 fixtures on the ceiling. The tripod style halogen work lights are good too but consume a lot of energy and get super hot. One would be good to have though.

P.S I don't think the led tails look good on your car. I think you should just sell them to me for cheap and use the money to buy more detailing supplies.:lol:

Lol, thanks!

Hmm. I was looking at some t8 fixtures, but I'm a novice at electrical work. Might see if I can get some DIYs and try it out, but maybe I'll start with halogen lights first. I'm just afraid of the heat generated by them :(

And LOLs at the LED tails comment. You should grab the reps for your car. Like I said before, I'll come over some day (when it's nicer outside) and we can swap the tails into your car to see if you like 'em!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
XDS and Brake Assist Settings
Thanks to michal at http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25039

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Click on the 03-ABS Brakes button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This window will pop up - expand the drop-down menu.

Click on the drop-down menu and select either Brake Assist or Electronic Differential Lock (XDS) depending on which you want

Change Brake Asisst to your preference; read michal's thread for more information

Change Electronic Differential Lock (XDS) to your preference; read michal's thread for more information

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Your car is optioned exactly how I wanted mine (colour too and we had ala cart options back in 2010) :(

Very nice and glad to see your making it your own.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Your car is optioned exactly how I wanted mine (colour too and we had ala cart options back in 2010) :(

Very nice and glad to see your making it your own.

Thanks! What made you get Shadow Blue? (Not knocking on Shadow Blue, I do love that colour, but we Canadians don't get that colour, eh?)