GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Mike the car looks great with the smoked markers.

For some reason I thought you got VMR wheels though.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I really like the wheels from the 2012 Autobahn edition. Where'd you get them?

I got them from jm6001, who got them from nik. They're in pretty good shape - just some fine scratches here and there but what do you expect for them being used :)

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Mike the car looks great with the smoked markers.

For some reason I thought you got VMR wheels though.

Yup! You gave me the idea - it looks even better on your CSG.

I was going to get VMR wheels, but they're backordered til July. I really don't wanna wait that long (and riding on winter tires)... So these will do for now! :)

BTW, thanks for all the detailing tips and advice on supplies - my car looked great after washing it before taking those pictures. I really like the Poorboy's Trim Restorer you told me to get. As well as the Poorboy's Bold N Bright Tire Dressing. Do you have any tips on reducing the amount of water spots after washing? Had no shade to work in :(

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Yup! You gave me the idea - it looks even better on your CSG.

I was going to get VMR wheels, but they're backordered til July. I really don't wanna wait that long (and riding on winter tires)... So these will do for now! :)

BTW, thanks for all the detailing tips and advice on supplies - my car looked great after washing it before taking those pictures. I really like the Poorboy's Trim Restorer you told me to get. As well as the Poorboy's Bold N Bright Tire Dressing. Do you have any tips on reducing the amount of water spots after washing? Had no shade to work in :(

Hey I wouldn't complain they look sweet and the black inserts really compliment the car.

Well there's a few things you can do to reduce water spots. First try to wash your car early in the morning or late at night if you can. But if you're in the sun wash one or two panels at a time and rinse so the soap doesn't dry. Once your done you can follow with a quick detailer if water spots still remain.

P.S those wheels are clear coated and can be polished out if the scratches bother you.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hey mike glad you like the wheels, those shots really make me regret selling them!!!! Bah now I have to hunt for wheels! Lol... Weigh them for us ppleaseeeeeee!

Lols, you should get those Watkins Glens! :p

So I got unlazy and found a working scale and got the following numbers.

I'm guessing it's in between cause I weighed all of the wheels and they kept fluctuating between 24.4 and 24.6 lbs. Also, it might be because I had to keep some minor pressure on the wheel on the scale or else it would just roll off.

Not bad!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hey I wouldn't complain they look sweet and the black inserts really compliment the car.

Well there's a few things you can do to reduce water spots. First try to wash your car early in the morning or late at night if you can. But if you're in the sun wash one or two panels at a time and rinse so the soap doesn't dry. Once your done you can follow with a quick detailer if water spots still remain.

P.S those wheels are clear coated and can be polished out if the scratches bother you.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try to polish out the tiny scratches on the wheels once I get some Menzerna PowerFinish (everyone is out of stock :mad:)

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Finally put these babies on.

Next step is to minimize that wheel gap with some DriverGear springs!

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Bluetooth Module Styrofoam to Plastic/Metal Bracket Installation

Required Parts
These are the parts required for this DIY:
3CO-919-935-A = metal bracket (1 required)
1KO-971-813-C-9B9 = plastic cover (1 required)

These are required to mount the module to the metal bracket:
N-909-446-03 = bolt (3 required)
N-100-173-04 = nut (3 required)

These are required to mount the metal bracket to the floor:
N-908-170-03 = screw (2 required)
N-909-460-01 = plastic clip (2 required)

Thank you Brendan from Bramgate VW for the parts!

Ugly-ass Styrofoam. Ghetto!

Take that sucka off the floor.

Take the module out of the Styrofoam.

Unhook the cable from the module and attach the module to the metal bracket using the nuts and screws. I install the nuts and screws backwards since that way, it would sit on the floor better. I don't think this will make a difference later on.

See these holes on the floor?

Take these plastic suckas

and insert them into the hole.

Take the screw and screw it into the side.

Put the cover over the bracket. It should hook on from the bottom so it doesn't jiggle around.

Caution: Disconnecting the bluetooth module will give you fault codes in 19: CAN Gateway.
Just clear it the fault codes using VCDS and all is good!

What is the ballpark cost on this? I hate that foam.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

Thanks!

I actually don't remember... Maybe 40-50 bucks? It's kinda high, but its a nice little mod.

Not crazy... I'll probably do it .

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Quick Review of Continential DWS

Great! Nice grip, not that noisey and a great price too.
I got them installed at Simply Tire, so if anyone is in the GTA and wanting new tires/mounting/etc., I'd recommend them!

Still have to break them in, though.

Last edited: