GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clear bra?

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Its an Auto question. Dealer asked me if I want to put clear bra on my car. It would cover only a small portion of the front part of the hood, entire front bumper including the lights, mirrors, edge of my door (since its a 4 door) and the back bumper.

Now you can't really see it but you can see where it stops if you look at it on the hood especially.

http://www.getclearbra.com/

Now I am kinda anal about it since I know its there, but should I get it?

s2kguy

Ready to race!
I had it on several cars and it really help prevented rock chips. Pretty much invisible on anything but white. Very slight yelowish cast when on a white car. Kinda expensive, too.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I read Stoneguard has the better suff, but got 3M on my GTI(due to dealer convinience) and it looks great. I have it on my part of my hood, part of the front fenders and mirror caps. I skipped the front bumper because it is plastic and has lots of curves...so the clear bra will show more and will require lots of cutting.

My Red GTI got a bad stone chip on the hood within the first 24hours of ownership, all the way to the white underneath the paint.
The made me decide quickly to go for the clear bra the next day. I now wish I got it on day 1.

<thread moved>