GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I get a Golf R

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
I'm in Canada so all monetary amounts are in Canadian dollars.

Dealership has a 2012 Golf R and they are asking $30,995 for it. It has 36,000 kms/22,369 miles on it. It was registered for the first time in April of 2012 so who ever had it drove roughly 7,500 kms/4660 miles a year. Yes this is possible especially where I live. I have a 2015 Tacoma SR5 which I've had for 18 months with 19,000 kms/11800 miles on it.

Long story short. They are willing to take my Tacoma in on trade and give me a 4 year 80,000 km comprehensive (power train/bumper to bumper) warranty on the R at no cost to me. They normally sell said warranty for $2900.

Does this seem like a good deal to all of you. I know the VW world as I've had 2 GTI's in the past a 2011 2 door and a 2012 4 door. Both were tuned with APR Stage I and Stage II respectively.

Is there anything I should know about the Golf R where maintenance/problems are concerned?

Any help would be appreciated. I know I'm asking a lot from you all but I'm banging my head on the wall over here. I know I'm on a VW forum so what kind of answer do I expect right....yes I belonged to this forum when I had both of my GTI's.

Oh, there are 2 hits on the car. One was the rear for $800 and the other was on the front right fender for $400.

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

ChurchXD

Passed Driver's Ed
It's a pretty solid platform, only preventive maintenance would be the cam follower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ChurchXD

Passed Driver's Ed
The say 30000miles stock. 10000miles once you start staging up. But there are plenty of people stock that go upwards of 60k miles. It's mostly a peace of mind thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk