GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
They're Eastons.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
How regular do you need to true them? I didn't ride at all last summer after fucking up my ankle.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Easton makes a wide range of wheels. You need to true them when they aren't straight anymore. If you have disc brakes it's not nearly as important to keep them straight like it is with rm brakes. What you should do often is check spoke tension. When ever I do a good drive train cleaning just grab 2 spokes at a time on the same side of the wheel and just squeeze them together. It doesn't take much, just squeeze and make sure they all feel uniform and none are loose. If you do have some loose spokes you need to at least tension them up a bit but that's a good time to retrue the wheel.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
So if any feels looser than the others torque 'em down a bit? Good plan. I'm pretty excited to get riding again after a few weeks on the exercise bike.

Speaking of which...

DaButcher

Ready to race!
How regular do you need to true them? I didn't ride at all last summer after fucking up my ankle.

if you have a trainer or something to keep ur bike still at home, you can just rig a zip tie or something up close and spin the wheel. Its honestly a very simple process and well documented online. Otherwise bring it to a shop. Most of them won't charge anything to at least check.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I've been sidelined from training for almost 2 full weeks now while fighting this damn cold. It's still lingering but I got back on the bike today and decided to go big.

44 miles with 3,800 feet of elevation gain. 2500 feet of which were covered in about 7 miles.

Getting ready to go

Started from home

Road out to the mountains

Started climbing....

Kept climbing....

Still climbing.... it was starting to get cold

Wishing my bike had a granny gear up front at this point

Snow and frozen lakes at the top of the mountain

71 degrees out back down at 5,000 feet

Back at home relaxing in my yard

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
I've been sidelined from training for almost 2 full weeks now while fighting this damn cold. It's still lingering but I got back on the bike today and decided to go big.

44 miles with 3,800 feet of elevation gain. 2500 feet of which were covered in about 7 miles.

Getting ready to go

:yikes: :thumbdown: :yikes:

I thought this was the mountain bike thread? This belongs in a different thread for those who like to wear spandex.

Ill put everyone back on topic. Here is a picture of my car with the hitch rack and bike on it:

The studded tires work great on frozen ponds:

dmarsh15

Ready to race!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
:yikes: :thumbdown: :yikes:

I thought this was the mountain bike thread? This belongs in a different thread for those who like to wear spandex.

Ill put everyone back on topic. Here is a picture of my car with the hitch rack and bike on it:

The studded tires work great on frozen ponds:

I thought this was a MOUNTAIN bike thread? Where's the mountain? Save your frozen pond for a thread about fishing. (BTW this has been a general biking thread LONG before you joined this site noob)

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
I thought this was a MOUNTAIN bike thread? Where's the mountain? Save your frozen pond for a thread about fishing. (BTW this has been a general biking thread LONG before you joined this site noob)

LOL someones sensitive about his spandex :lol: you should have used more chamois cream for that ass chafing :lol:

Also it was a "mountain" bike that I rode on a pond so it still fits the thread.

If it was a general biking thread, then it should say so.

And who calls people "noobs" anymore...haha wow.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
It's for every outdoor ride on the tri bike, anything deeped than 50mm is out of the question. She doesn't weigh enough to hold the bike straight with the wind that is normal here on anything deep, 30-40mm is ideally what I'm looking for considering up to 50, definitely nothing deeper.

I was testing my 88mm wheels for the tri bike out saturday. Checked the weather 10-15mph winds figured good day to get a feeler for them.... I missed the wind advisory of 25-30mph gusts!!

I have seriously never been so concerned for my safety ever and I was doing downhill in the mid 90s on a hardtail, 2" front travel and center pull rim brakes..

ETA... doing downhill in spandex :)