GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESC Feedback

Jack14

Ready to race!
So my R should be here in about a week and I'm curious as to how current R owners feel about ESC in this car. I know it can be defeated with a little help from the guys at APR but my question is if its worth it or not. Im sure it is for autocross, but what about just performance driving in general. Im not trying go around a roundabout completely sideways, but for reasonable performance driving is it that invasive? Thanks for the help.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
So my R should be here in about a week and I'm curious as to how current R owners feel about ESC in this car. I know it can be defeated with a little help from the guys at APR but my question is if its worth it or not. Im sure it is for autocross, but what about just performance driving in general. Im not trying go around a roundabout completely sideways, but for reasonable performance driving is it that invasive? Thanks for the help.

If you don't lose anything by enabling the option then how can it not be worth it???

:thumbsup:

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Its free to do the coding change, just find someone with a VAG COM and enter the code.

A six pack at most for the VAG COM guy.

If you don't get it done, you're square.

Jack14

Ready to race!
Its free to do the coding change, just find someone with a VAG COM and enter the code.

A six pack at most for the VAG COM guy.

If you don't get it done, you're square.

Didn't realize it was that easy. Better hurry. Don't wanna be square. Thanks guys.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Didn't realize it was that easy. Better hurry. Don't wanna be square. Thanks guys.

it makes winter fun 10x more enjoyable, but as far as spirited drives, it shouldn't be much of a hindrance, unless you're TRYING to have fun. IE: lift off oversteer into a drift type thing, donuts/drifts in winter, etc.

good luck.

Jack14

Ready to race!
Lift off over steer sounds like so much fun... Probably not a good idea on public roads though...

Jack14

Ready to race!
Im used to the Jeremy Clarkson tactic because RWD. Powahhh.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Im used to the Jeremy Clarkson tactic because RWD. Powahhh.

07STitoR

Ready to race!
Buy the cable used and do it yourself, I've never had ESC on anything I've owned till the R. One day I was driving in a blizzard and I felt safer with it on then I took a turn. The thing locked my front outside tire and almost under steered me into the guard rail. Turn that thing off! I always drive with at least traction control off. Both systems are pretty useless IMO.