GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
zwalk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 GTi Autobahn
Modifying CCTA Flange for CBFA...Guidance Please!

I have a CBFA MK6 GTi and I am trying
To see if anyone has a DIY, video, or picture of their CCTA to CBFA modification.

I have a dremel that will likely do the job well, I'm curious as to what tools any of you used.

I'm kind of at my wits end here. I initially was going to mod a CCTA pipe, then I said screw it and bought a USP pipe used on eBay. Guy had the picture showing the DP and midpipe but only sent me the DP even though the midpipe was pictured (all the other DP setups on eBay are he whole shabang)

So I'm in the process of returning what I bought and im thinking I may just go back to plan A.

I just need some help.

On a side note, anything overly complicated about extending O2 sensor? I may have a bung welded in anyway because I don't solder and it makes me nervous extending it with 'solderless' hardware.

I had found pictures on photobucket from a MKV forum but they were so dated that they were deleted and I was planning on going off those, but they disappeared into the interwebs.

If I completed this project I will try to do a DIY for all you other sad sad CBFA people

Thanks

My Flickr!

2012 GTi Autobahn ~ 2 Door Manual
zwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
zwalk
FIA GT Champion

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showth...t=76831&page=2

This is all I have found, still slightly confused...are they completely grinding out the spaces for a couple of the bolts...

My Flickr!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
v.b
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: K04 rocketship
i dont think the flange is any different. those ppl on mk5 are modding a bpy (fsi motor with k03) downpipe to fit on a tsi with an ihi turbo. the difference between cbfa and ccta downpipes is an extra o2 sensor bungs right after the flex section. you can have a shop weld that extra bung in for fairly cheap.

also, to help you with future endevors, forget about cutting stainless steel with a dremel. you could be doing that for months.
v.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
zwalk
FIA GT Champion

There's definitely a flange difference. But it's less of one than I thought I just need to make the holes bigger on top

My Flickr!

Old 11-17-2014, 03:57 AM   #5
goose
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Stage 2 GTI
The holes are slightly different from cbfa to ccta, just pick up an OEM gasket which is the same part for both motors and use the ovals to trace out the new flange holes.