GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Think I'm done with the vw world

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
Oddly enough, I am using some Wynn's decarbing foam, and pulling the temp sensor out makes the idle go up and air goes out, so I think the pcv is shot... which is no real surprise. No rough idle or anything.

Where did you get the Wynn's? Looking to be preventative on carbon buildup.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you guys sound like Hammond and May.

Uberryan

Banned
Not to mention the sticker price on that rolling pile is over $75k for the Quad, and if you want options, obviously higher. I'll take an M2 or used M3 for that.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Oddly enough, I am using some Wynn's decarbing foam, and pulling the temp sensor out makes the idle go up and air goes out, so I think the pcv is shot... which is no real surprise. No rough idle or anything.

To quote myself here, does anyone find it odd I took the temp sensor out and the car just idled up, but didn't studder or cut out?

CHerna

Ready to race!
Not to mention the sticker price on that rolling pile is over $75k for the Quad, and if you want options, obviously higher. I'll take an M2 or used M3 for that.

ATS-V please.

Actually, for that I can get a Camaro ZL1/1LE.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i mean for 85k (what i build/priced it to be) i would buy a 4x4 luxury truck

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Right now, (I did use the Wynn's, but not much seemed to come out frtom the exhaust) I'm having

1.Boost hitting about 25 in say 3rd, but each shift only spiking about 20.
2. Definitely some WG rattlesnake sounds at peak
High rpm misfires, bucking, cutting, whatever you'd call it (no VCDS, but also no dash codes).
3. Fuel mileage down to about 23-24 mpg per tank, so carbon buildup is a definite possibility.
4. A slight shudder at idle. Again, no codes, but I can feel it. Not severe though.

Plugs were just replaced with NGK BKR8EIX .023 about 2k miles or less.
R8 coil packs (20 ish k miles)