GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Popping Noise at Approx. 3k RPM

zVp

Go Kart Champion
So I've searched about this and can't find a definite answer - or I'm just searching for the wrong thing.

Let's say you are in 2nd gear or 3rd, and just cruising around and you leave your revs at around 3.5k to 3.0k rpm or so. Once you let go of the throttle, while in gear at the specified rev, there is this low-frequency popping noise that occurs about 0.5 seconds after you let go of the throttle.

It sort of sounds like a DSG fart, but, way more faint. Is it the system getting rid of the boost pressure?

Isj

Go Kart Champion
probabaly has something to do with the fuel injectors shutting off when applying no throttle.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
. Once you let go of the throttle, while in gear at the specified rev, there is this low-frequency popping noise that occurs about 0.5 seconds after you let go of the throttle.

It sort of sounds like a DSG fart, but, way more faint. Is it the system getting rid of the boost pressure?

Yup...Sounds like your DV opening..

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Yup...Sounds like your DV opening..

Thanks Modshack! I googled Diverter Valve opening and all the posts that I quickly skimmed through, its pretty much spot on to what I'm hearing.

It does sound pretty cool, but I just wanted to figure out what it is actually :)

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Modshack! I googled Diverter Valve opening and all the posts that I quickly skimmed through, its pretty much spot on to what I'm hearing.

It does sound pretty cool, but I just wanted to figure out what it is actually :)

nice post, i experienced the same thing yesterday and was wondering what it was. i was in 3rd gear going downhill and i accelerated a little bit and let go and heard this deep rumble