GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: TSI Mount package(Engine, Transmission, and Pendulum)

zrickety

The Fixer
I would say it depends on how you drive. My K04 car has 110k on stock mounts with just an insert. I had the HPA subframe mount on my stage 1 car and it was great. I would recommend that or VWR mounts which I'm about to install. If wheelhop is an issue get the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit (WALK) or just their bushings for your lower control arms and save some money (the large rear bushing). Blue locite if you use it, it's removable.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
You'll want to add "T25 bit" to your list of tools, which is what's needed to remove the screws holding the coolant reservoir in place.

I installed a set of 034 Motorsports street density mounts and the difference is extremely noticeable. If you have many miles on your car and you enjoy it, the engine mount is probably not in great condition.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
You'll want to add "T25 bit" to your list of tools, which is what's needed to remove the screws holding the coolant reservoir in place.

I installed a set of 034 Motorsports street density mounts and the difference is extremely noticeable. If you have many miles on your car and you enjoy it, the engine mount is probably not in great condition.

Thanks, this thread is old lol I'll add that info in there :)

KFahey

Ready to race!
Torque Specs

Great write up. Waiting for my 034 mounts to arrive ....Also our reference handbook says that the engine mount to engine bolts and engine mount to body bolts are 44 ft-lbs plus a 90 degree turn and 30 ft-lbs plus a 90 degree turn respectively. Same thing with the transmission mount.